PPV movies

Dude

Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
I had the dish installed about 2 months ago, when I received this month's bill, there were several PPV movies that I didn't order. I asked the kids if they had, no was the response. My question, is it possible for someone outside the house order these movies and charge them to my account? I have since activated the lock out feature.

Thanks for any info :D

When a woman is found murdered, the most likely culprit is the husband or boyfriend. Since it is highly unlikely someone broke into your home just to order PPV movies, your most likely suspects are your kids and/or their friends. Check the Purchase History and ask lots of questions. It's possible that someone may have accidentally ordered these PPV movies and is too embarrassed to confess. Anyway, "Locking" the receiver was the best course of action.

DO you have a DVR?

If you have a DVR like my 625, I was having trouble with my neighbor changing my channel on my #2 receiver because of the remote that goes through walls. THey could potentially order a ppv movie on mine with their remote. Luckily I reprogrammed my remote and locked the PPV so it can't be ordered without a password.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us :) .

I wouldn't go putting the blame on the family just yet. I think what dlarruso said is worth looking into, I've heard from more than one person about something like this happening. Go look next door and see if anyone has a Dish system, and if they do go ask if they might have bought some pay-per-veiws. If they have then compare them with the ones in question, if they match then call Dish and explain, if they wont help you email ceo@dishnetwork.com and explain to them, give them a phone number because they will probably call you back and they will handle it for you :) .
Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Why do you think they're going back to IR remotes...

The kids did it, why else wouldn't they respond (kids love lying...), and why on earth did you let them not reply? Who's in charge over there?

Purogamer said:
The kids did it, why else wouldn't they respond (kids love lying...), and why on earth did you let them not reply? Who's in charge over there?
Really, I'm glad I trust my kids enough not to blame them right off the bat as some people would :rolleyes: .

Purogamer, you needed to read more carefully. :) Dude said "no was the response" to being asked if they'd gotten any PPVs, not that the kids didn't respond.

You're right I mis-read it...

So what movies were bought? "Innocent until proven guilty" is only in court, if there's no one else in the house who would buy PPV and not own up to it, what do you think happened, santa clause did it? C'mon man...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)