PPV not showing up on account.

awax

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Last Saturday I ordered a PPV movie on both of our receivers about 3 days ago I checked my recent activity online and the purchase had not shown up when it normally shows up the next day. I have tried to force the receivers to dial out but they say Dial Out not pending. Is there any way to force the receiver to dial out so I will be charged? Thanks

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Call Dish Network and they will send down a hit to the receivers to tell it to dial out to clear the PPV Purchase history on the receiver.

sreeves

Feb 1, 2004
Spfld Mo.
So how does the PPV work? I order a Movie...its stored on my system and when the reciever dials into the network I am billed for the movie right?

I got the Dish installed last week and I have not hooked up the phone line because the fact is I didnt know I had to. The installer nor CS rep told me too. Theres not a phone jack on the side of my living room where the box is and I really dont want to run a cord across the room? What if I never plug it in??
Are the PPV free in a sense lol.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
sreeves said:
So how does the PPV work? I order a Movie...its stored on my system and when the reciever dials into the network I am billed for the movie right?

I got the Dish installed last week and I have not hooked up the phone line because the fact is I didnt know I had to. The installer nor CS rep told me too. Theres not a phone jack on the side of my living room where the box is and I really dont want to run a cord across the room? What if I never plug it in??

sreeves, you are correct that how it works basicly.

I wouldn't say there free.
If you order a PPV it's still on your smartcard, if you got to sell your receiver there will be a balance on it. I believe it will hold up to around 7 movies?

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
awax said:
Last Saturday I ordered a PPV movie on both of our receivers about 3 days ago I checked my recent activity online and the purchase had not shown up when it normally shows up the next day. I have tried to force the receivers to dial out but they say Dial Out not pending. Is there any way to force the receiver to dial out so I will be charged? Thanks

I believe there is certain criteria that has to be met before your receiver will dial out and upload your PPV purchases. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, a couple are :

Once every 60 days it will dial out.
If you order over $25.00 worth of PPV's it will dial out.

awax

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
John Corn said:
I believe there is certain criteria that has to be met before your receiver will dial out and upload your PPV purchases. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, a couple are :

Once every 60 days it will dial out.
If you order over $25.00 worth of PPV's it will dial out.

That is pretty stupid, when I don't order alot of PPV so when I order something I want to pay for it on the next statement.

ROLLTIDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Mobile,AL
awax said:
That is pretty stupid, when I don't order alot of PPV so when I order something I want to pay for it on the next statement.

Then order it online or on the phone and pay $1 more

awax

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
The whole point is I shouldn't have to do that and pay a dollar more. Every time a purchase is made it should dial out, its just that simple. Regardless the second Dish Tech I talked to sent a signal down to force a Dial Out while the first said it was impossible by design. Go figure.

martin1

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 1, 2004
I don't have any problem. Whether I order one or five movies it shows up on my
next monthly bill

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I ordered a PPV last April with the free PPV coupon Dish sent out. My 501 is connected to a phone line and has been since ordering this movie, yet it is still in my 501. I will not order any PPV's from Dish (unless they're free), they cost too much and look too bad.

sreeves

Feb 1, 2004
Spfld Mo.
DarrellP said:
I ordered a PPV last April with the free PPV coupon Dish sent out. My 501 is connected to a phone line and has been since ordering this movie, yet it is still in my 501. I will not order any PPV's from Dish (unless they're free), they cost too much and look too bad.

I agree about the Quailty. The wife and I ordered "The Core" last night, our first PPV on the dish and I was very dissapointed in the quailty. :mad:
Still beats going to the video store sometimes and then having to return them.
Were bad about taking back movies ontime which adds up! :eek:

tconnors

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 5, 2003
Austin
PPV Coupons

I am very unhappy... I normally don't mind putting off paying for something, but when you have a $4.00 coupon, and decided to try PPV after 7 years, plug in the phone line that's been in a drawer for 7 years, and it dials-out and shows you the movie and instantly puts it on your smartcard.... but then you wait a month and it's still not on your bill... and your coupon expires in a week and you won't get another bill until next month.. (not that it'd be on it then either)....

I've called 4 times, and each time they tell me something different to force a dial-out, and none of them work. They also tell me that the coupon is no good unless used before the expiration date... I just can't believe this is how Dish collects money (even if it's a free movie). I would bet Dish has millions of dollars of "lost" revenue on smartcards just because they are not dialing out. Why can't this occur with a satellite download?

I gave up... removed the ugly phone line from across my floor and will never order another PPV movie, and will likely switch to Cable over this.

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
sreeves said:

You can buy a wireless phone jack at most electronic stores so you can have a jack anywhere it the house without the wires. They normally run around $60-$70.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)