PPV not showing up on account.

awax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Last Saturday I ordered a PPV movie on both of our receivers about 3 days ago I checked my recent activity online and the purchase had not shown up when it normally shows up the next day. I have tried to force the receivers to dial out but they say Dial Out not pending. Is there any way to force the receiver to dial out so I will be charged? Thanks

Call Dish Network and they will send down a hit to the receivers to tell it to dial out to clear the PPV Purchase history on the receiver.

So how does the PPV work? I order a Movie...its stored on my system and when the reciever dials into the network I am billed for the movie right?

I got the Dish installed last week and I have not hooked up the phone line because the fact is I didnt know I had to. The installer nor CS rep told me too. Theres not a phone jack on the side of my living room where the box is and I really dont want to run a cord across the room? What if I never plug it in??
Are the PPV free in a sense lol.

sreeves said:
So how does the PPV work? I order a Movie...its stored on my system and when the reciever dials into the network I am billed for the movie right?

I got the Dish installed last week and I have not hooked up the phone line because the fact is I didnt know I had to. The installer nor CS rep told me too. Theres not a phone jack on the side of my living room where the box is and I really dont want to run a cord across the room? What if I never plug it in??

sreeves, you are correct that how it works basicly.

I wouldn't say there free.
If you order a PPV it's still on your smartcard, if you got to sell your receiver there will be a balance on it. I believe it will hold up to around 7 movies?

awax said:
Last Saturday I ordered a PPV movie on both of our receivers about 3 days ago I checked my recent activity online and the purchase had not shown up when it normally shows up the next day. I have tried to force the receivers to dial out but they say Dial Out not pending. Is there any way to force the receiver to dial out so I will be charged? Thanks

I believe there is certain criteria that has to be met before your receiver will dial out and upload your PPV purchases. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, a couple are :

Once every 60 days it will dial out.
If you order over $25.00 worth of PPV's it will dial out.

John Corn said:
I believe there is certain criteria that has to be met before your receiver will dial out and upload your PPV purchases. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, a couple are :

Once every 60 days it will dial out.
If you order over $25.00 worth of PPV's it will dial out.

That is pretty stupid, when I don't order alot of PPV so when I order something I want to pay for it on the next statement.

awax said:
That is pretty stupid, when I don't order alot of PPV so when I order something I want to pay for it on the next statement.

Then order it online or on the phone and pay $1 more

The whole point is I shouldn't have to do that and pay a dollar more. Every time a purchase is made it should dial out, its just that simple. Regardless the second Dish Tech I talked to sent a signal down to force a Dial Out while the first said it was impossible by design. Go figure.

I don't have any problem. Whether I order one or five movies it shows up on my
next monthly bill

I ordered a PPV last April with the free PPV coupon Dish sent out. My 501 is connected to a phone line and has been since ordering this movie, yet it is still in my 501. I will not order any PPV's from Dish (unless they're free), they cost too much and look too bad.

DarrellP said:
I ordered a PPV last April with the free PPV coupon Dish sent out. My 501 is connected to a phone line and has been since ordering this movie, yet it is still in my 501. I will not order any PPV's from Dish (unless they're free), they cost too much and look too bad.

I agree about the Quailty. The wife and I ordered "The Core" last night, our first PPV on the dish and I was very dissapointed in the quailty. :mad:
Still beats going to the video store sometimes and then having to return them.
Were bad about taking back movies ontime which adds up! :eek:

PPV Coupons

I am very unhappy... I normally don't mind putting off paying for something, but when you have a $4.00 coupon, and decided to try PPV after 7 years, plug in the phone line that's been in a drawer for 7 years, and it dials-out and shows you the movie and instantly puts it on your smartcard.... but then you wait a month and it's still not on your bill... and your coupon expires in a week and you won't get another bill until next month.. (not that it'd be on it then either)....

I've called 4 times, and each time they tell me something different to force a dial-out, and none of them work. They also tell me that the coupon is no good unless used before the expiration date... I just can't believe this is how Dish collects money (even if it's a free movie). I would bet Dish has millions of dollars of "lost" revenue on smartcards just because they are not dialing out. Why can't this occur with a satellite download?

I gave up... removed the ugly phone line from across my floor and will never order another PPV movie, and will likely switch to Cable over this.

sreeves said:

You can buy a wireless phone jack at most electronic stores so you can have a jack anywhere it the house without the wires. They normally run around $60-$70.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)