PPV on all receivers or just one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
If you order PPV with the remote, is it avalible only on that TV or do all receivers get it?

Does it matter if you order it online?

I don't use PPV but I might start. The local video store is getting less and less new movies in...

It is only available on that receiver, however, if you order the same event for the same period from multiple receivers, you are only charged once. For instance when I have people over for UFC in the Summers we rent on both the 622 and 722k so that it is showing in HD on the deck and in the house.

If you order online it is supposed to be active for all receivers without having to do anything else from the receivers, but I have never tried this, so I'm not positive that is how it works in reality.

Yes, if you order online, it activates all receivers. That is the only way I order as I don't have a landline and with SD receivers, no internet capability. Does cost $1 extra though.

I very seldom order PPV because of the ridiculous $$$ but when I do I order the movie on both my 722 & 622 at the same time--via remote. Only get ONE ridiculous charge.:rolleyes:

Ed

I very seldom order PPV because of the ridiculous $$$ but when I do I order the movie on both my 722 & 622 at the same time--via remote. Only get ONE ridiculous charge.:rolleyes:

Ed

It not much more than renting and beats late fees or having to replace a DVD your dog eats...

I had NetFlix but it drove me nuts. I felt like I had to get movies to get my money's worth. Nothing worse than having one movie out for two months, never watch it and then just send it back when you find it under a stack of newspapers.

I ordered PPV -- via the remote on TV1 -- on my 625 a couple of weeks ago, and it was automatically available on both TV1 and T2. It was not available on my second receiver -- though from what I've learned here I could have ordered the same PPV on my second receiver for no additional charge -- correct?

Correct. As long as you order the same event for the same time period there is only 1 charge.

The question I have, and no one could answer definitively is does this also apply to VOD such as the movies on channels 501 or via Movies and More, and does the one charge apply for things rented with DishONLine? Would love a definitive answer as I don't really want to experiment. Thanks.

On the receiver you order ONLY.

Most video stores are closing down. Your choice is PPV, Netflix, DVD purchase or finding a rental 1.00 machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)