ppv?

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
Me and my wife wanted to watch a movie in hd. We found what movie we wanted to see and there were three different ways to watch in hd. Dish ppv, dish on demand, and dish online. well we picked dish online because it said 1080p well we couldn't watch movie because it took 6 hours to download. what is the correct way to order a movie in hd i see on demand, dish online, dish movies, and dish ppv?

Me and my wife wanted to watch a movie in hd. We found what movie we wanted to see and there were three different ways to watch in hd. Dish ppv, dish on demand, and dish online. well we picked dish online because it said 1080p well we couldn't watch movie because it took 6 hours to download. what is the correct way to order a movie in hd i see on demand, dish online, dish movies, and dish ppv?

Well, I'll take a stab at this: the dish pay for view movies requires you to abide by the times the show is presented on dish (ie., starts at 4:00 etc but good until about 5:00 a.m. CDT, I think) and are generally channels 502+ while dish on demand (various on channel 501) is on your hard drive and you can watch at any time up to 24 hours after you order it. The price is the same, but IF you had coupons for free movies, you can only use the dish movies (ch 502+ plus you redeem the coupons online (order the show "online," so to speak). If no coupon, you just order it then and there either using the dish pay for view or on demand.

I have never used dish online as I see no sense in chewing up bandwidth on the internet, so someone else will need to comment thereon.

I have never used dish online as I see no sense in chewing up bandwidth on the internet, so someone else will need to comment thereon.
I wouldn't worry about chewing up Internet bandwidth ;) since I've never seen it come down any faster than about 2Mbps. (I usually clock 30Mbps down, so "2" is rather piddling.)

The big difference in my book regarding Dish Online is that there is a whole boatload of free stuff, including an occasional 1080p presentation.

For instant gratification, you'll need to use the "Movies and More" already recorded on your DVR. Next fastest is choosing a PPV (500s channels). Finally, but no less functional, is to use DishOnline to get the movie whenever your Internet connection permits.

I tired using the Dish Online to order a ppv movie this past weekend so I could use one of my free ppv coupons. I searched the program guide in the 500's for an HD movie I wanted to watch and found one. I then went online to order that movie but it was not listed as an option for me to pick. I tried several different ways to locate the movie but finally gave up and watched some episodes of Pawn Stars that I had recorded.

Yep, those free coupons that some of us got are really nice, but it would be much nicer if all the movies that are PPV were available to use them on. So far I haven't found a single movie on that very short list, that I am interested in seeing.