722k Problem

isaacmorseMI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Southwest Michigan
Dish is getting on my nerves :rant:. The UHF tv2 remote thing on my 722k decided to barely work anymore. The receiver will barely respond to the TV2 remote anymore. We have the antenna connected to a coax cable that connects to the remote port on the receiver. We have tried 3 different remotes. Any fixes?

Have you checked the cable to the remote antenna?

Have you tried a different remote channel?

Have you placed the remote antenna much closer to TV2 (ie longer cable)? In the extreme, you can use splitters to combine the remote antenna with your distribution line and break it out at TV2.

Problems like you describe are often a result of something new in or around the house that is causing interference like a new cordless something or other.

It is possible that the remote receiver has gone winky and the ViP722 needs to be replaced, but I don't think it is all that common.

you should try changing your remote address. if it's currently an odd number make it even, if it's currently even make it odd. this can have a very dramatic effect on remote function. occationally a software upgrade breaks the remote function.

Also where you place your receiver has something to do with it. It should be on the highest shelf in your cabinet so it can be seen by the uhf antenna. I had the problem last year when I first got the 722k. My receiver was on the bottom left shelf of my tv console and it would not pick up the signal from the bedroom. I moved it back to the top right side of the console on the shelf under the tv and it worked again.

Also where you place your receiver has something to do with it. It should be on the highest shelf in your cabinet so it can be seen by the uhf antenna. I had the problem last year when I first got the 722k. My receiver was on the bottom left shelf of my tv console and it would not pick up the signal from the bedroom. I moved it back to the top right side of the console on the shelf under the tv and it worked again.

I have mine in a cabinet. The antenna is next to the cabinet. It is connected with a coax cable to the receiver.

Have you checked the cable to the remote antenna?

Have you tried a different remote channel?

Have you placed the remote antenna much closer to TV2 (ie longer cable)? In the extreme, you can use splitters to combine the remote antenna with your distribution line and break it out at TV2.

Problems like you describe are often a result of something new in or around the house that is causing interference like a new cordless something or other.

It is possible that the remote receiver has gone winky and the ViP722 needs to be replaced, but I don't think it is all that common.

I have tried 2 different cables. It makes no difference which cable I use. No I haven't tried a different remote channel, I will try that. There is nothing new in or around the house. I will try the diff remote channel and see if it resolves.

You should move the antenna to behind the tv2 location. You need two splitters and four small jumper wires. Behind the receiver connect antenna and home with small cable to splitter than small cable out of splitter to diplex if have one. Behind tv2 location use other splitter place the antenna on it and smallcable to the back of tv.

Can the 722K operate in UHF Pro Band B? Band B has always solved such problems for me in some very difficult locations, but I can't recall if the 722K can access that. Use Band B, if that is an option.

Tmmgmc said:
You should move the antenna to behind the tv2 location. You need two splitters and four small jumper wires. Behind the receiver connect antenna and home with small cable to splitter than small cable out of splitter to diplex if have one. Behind tv2 location use other splitter place the antenna on it and smallcable to the back of tv.

+1. That solved all my problems when I did that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts