PQ Increase?

How would they do that, "Hey we used to give you an OK picture but we've spent the money and now give you a better OK picture?":confused:
A simpler version of what I said in post number 16:
But if they promoted it, that would just point out how "bad" the picture quality was before the changes. In other words, it would seem that Dish has been short-changing us all this time, and they are just now making up for it. That is not the kind of message that Dish would want to send.

Any news on encoder upgrades on the western arc? Seems the picture seems better than usual but everyone seems to have the EA?

Any news on encoder upgrades on the western arc? Seems the picture seems better than usual but everyone seems to have the EA?
More people here are on Western Arc than Eastern. And WA PQ is looking pretty good lately!

OK. What about WA. I have been watching a lot of streaming since the PQ on the WA is bad. It even hurts my eyes when I switch back to DISH.

Don't you all see a better picture on streaming than on satellite? I used to see quite a difference, particularly on SD material which is pretty decent streamed. But I haven't used that feature recently so I can't say. But I too think I see better PQ on EA than before.

Don't you all see a better picture on streaming than on satellite? I used to see quite a difference, particularly on SD material which is pretty decent streamed. But I haven't used that feature recently so I can't say. But I too think I see better PQ on EA than before.
I started watching Game of Thrones on HBO-Go because it looks so much better streamed than live or recorded off of my H3. Mind you, it doesn't look bad via satellite just better streamed.

I started watching Game of Thrones on HBO-Go because it looks so much better streamed than live or recorded off of my H3. Mind you, it doesn't look bad via satellite just better streamed.
I agree on the picture quality of HBO GO, but the sound is atrocious. I went back to crushed and fuzzy blacks to get away from HBO Go's distorted sound.

And the same is true for Showtime Anytime. Great picture, lousy sound.

I agree on the picture quality of HBO GO, but the sound is atrocious. I went back to crushed and fuzzy blacks to get away from HBO Go's distorted sound.

And the same is true for Showtime Anytime. Great picture, lousy sound.
I am getting DD+ both with Roku and my Vizio (via ARC) and the sound through my Denon X2300W is remarkably good. There is no distortion at all.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
With a fast internet connection and the $11.99/month Netflix subscription, streaming quality is quite remarkable. I don’t own a 4K Tv (just 1080p), but I do believe streaming CAN be better than Dish. Of course, different streams have varying bitrates, but the best certainly do beat Dish. No artifacts on dark black screens and sharp crisp images and text.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I did the same with GoT. Too many blacks. I have the 55" Vizio P-series and the Dish picture got better, but streaming was still better so the ole lady let me win(lets be honest. I just wanted to play with casting to try and teach her some new tricks)

Which device are you using to watch HBO GO?
It's happened with all I've tried. My 4K Fire TV box (both straight to the TV (55EF9500) or through Onkyo TX-NR646 or through my Fire Tablet. I last checked Showtime Anytime not long ago because of Twin Peaks, but it has been a while for HBO Go. What irks me is that HBO Go was just fine until they did an update. When they came back with another update not soon after that I thought, "Good...they caught that", but it wasn't to be.

Neither was decoded as DD. I will try to get around to testing both in the next few days and report back.

I am getting DD+ both with Roku and my Vizio (via ARC) and the sound through my Denon X2300W is remarkably good. There is no distortion at all.
I only get 2:1 on HBO GO from optical out on Roku Ultra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts