PQ Increase?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kirk1233

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anyone else noticed an increase in picture quality lately? The past few days the picture has seemed very sharp (not something I was complaining about before, but it wasn't quite as sharp as DTV)

My wife even mentioned noticing a sharper picture earlier and she almost never notices these things...

Has anyone else noticed an increase in picture quality lately? The past few days the picture has seemed very sharp (not something I was complaining about before, but it wasn't quite as sharp as DTV)

My wife even mentioned noticing a sharper picture earlier and she almost never notices these things...
Which arc are you on? Dish has been doing a lot of channel shuffling on Eastern Arc lately, so that could account for what you are noticing.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I too am on ea and always thought my pq was better on my channels on 61.5 and as channels have been moving to it I've noticed them looking sharper as well as my wife has

Reactions: pattykay
If there was a significant improvement in PQ I would think it would be something they would promote. And when I hear encoder upgrades that just means trying to push the limits even further and we'll end up with lower quality. There isn't a cable or satellite company in the last 10 years who has used technology to deliver a better picture. But again, from a business standpoint 99% of people don't care so why cater to the 1%.

If there was a significant improvement in PQ I would think it would be something they would promote. And when I hear encoder upgrades that just means trying to push the limits even further and we'll end up with lower quality. There isn't a cable or satellite company in the last 10 years who has used technology to deliver a better picture. But again, from a business standpoint 99% of people don't care so why cater to the 1%.

This forum represents the 1% and I am proud of that :)

If there was a significant improvement in PQ I would think it would be something they would promote.
But if they promoted it, that would just point out how "bad" the picture quality was before the changes. In other words, it would seem that Dish has been short-changing us all this time, and they are just now making up for it. That is not the kind of message that Dish would want to send.

And, if there is any promotion done, it would probably be after all upgrades are complete.

I have to say, after a week of Dish (EA), I am very impressed with the PQ. It is much better than I remembered. I watched the F1 qualifying and race over the weekend, and, aside from some noise in the blacks (night race) which could have easily been at the source, I thought it looked great. Everything else we've watched also looks really good, including some football. The fast-motion artifacts seem to be almost entirely gone. I'd say things are looking as good or better than the DirecTV service I just left. I am not sure if this is a Hopper3 thing or the new encoders Scott Greczkowski mentioned or what, but I am very pleased.

I think that the new encoders that Scott posted about are making a difference. The PQ with my HWS is noticeably better lately (eastern arc). To me, the picture looks much sharper than it has in a long time. I hope Dish continues this trend toward better PQ. The 'HD lite' label may no longer apply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts