Pre-install questions

This is all great information. I myself am switching from Voom. :( I have ordered installs for four rooms, getting two 811's and one 322. I'm dropping the optional 2nd dish since I have my OTA antenna for my locals. The 2nd dish is for locals right? I have one cable line going for every room with a star or homerun setup. I imagine they can split the OTA and Sat signals for my HD rooms, where the 811's will go. How about the 322, will they have to run another coax line to send the signal for the other room? BTW I live in Bay Area, CA.

:cool: a simpler design for you than would to get a 4.0 remote for the 322 and put it at the location of your distribution, this will make both sides of the 322 UHF, enabling control of the receiver from a remote location hence you wouldn't need extra cabling to another room, just tie into your existing cable runs for the 2 feeds. We do a ton of these and they work great. I do not have a diagram on how to do this though and would explain it thoroughly but do mention it to the installer. It will make his job easier and may do it for free. If not $30 should cover it, and believe me it may be worth it. For a diagram on this I would contact Simple Simon he seems to have links to a lot of this stuff

As Dish Dude says, it's a pretty standard setup for some places, especially good if you only have one RG-6 to where you'd like to put the 322. In that case, you'd need to go DishProPlus with DPP Separator for the satellite feed, and backfeed the 322 TV2 output from it's room to the distribution center using diplexers. I like Dish Dude's idea better - no diagram needed, just think about it. ;)

If you are using dish pro plus rxr and (dish pro plus lnb or a dpp-44) you should be able to put the separator like the one supplied with DHA ready dual tuner rxr's now and combine the two sat wires coming out of the rxr into one and then use the diplexers to bandstack all three signals on one line. We do prewired homes like that on installs here. Make one wire take the place of three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts