Pre Installation questions

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
Hey everyone. I'm returning to Dish Network after a less than satisfactory attempt to get video from my local phone company and I have some questions.

I currently have a Dish 300 and Dish 500 on my roof to receive signals from 61.5, 110 and 119. Both dishes have the legacy LNBs and switches and were connected to two VIP211 receivers in the past. My new setup will have a VIP722 and VIP222 for connection to 2 HDTVs and 1 SDTV. So, here are my questions...

1) Since the new receivers have two satellite inputs I assume that I will need two cables run to each of them. Is that correct?

2) If yes to #1, what type of switches will be needed for this setup? Are these switches compatible with legacy LNBs?

3) What else do you guys think I need to know (or do) before my install on Saturday?

Mario

Since you're getting 2 dual tuners, I'm pretty sure they will replace the LNBs with a DPP Twin for 119 and 110 and a DP Dual for 61.5. If they do that, then they can run a single cable to each dual tuner using DP separators.

It will look something similar to this picture (just replace the single tuner with a second dual tuner):

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/tech/dpp_02.jpg

Pre Wire ?..... Looking to buy a new home soon, will it be worth the money to pay a sub to come to my home an pre wire every room so I won't have cable strung through the house??? Does $50 per room sound good?? Also should a get phone jacks along with it 2??? Thanks for info...Phoenix Area!!! 1 more thing.... Do I need to tell the sub where HD an SD will be viewed or it doesn't matter...

Pre Wire ?..... Looking to buy a new home soon, will it be worth the money to pay a sub to come to my home an pre wire every room so I won't have cable strung through the house??? Does $50 per room sound good?? Also should a get phone jacks along with it 2??? Thanks for info...Phoenix Area!!! 1 more thing.... Do I need to tell the sub where HD an SD will be viewed or it doesn't matter...

Ideally, if I was a sub for pre-wire, I'd suggest structure cable to every location. That's (2) RG-6 and (2) CAT-5e to every location for whatever you need. Failing that, like in my own house, I simply ran all feed separately. I can have a phone at any outlet, wired ethernet at any connection, a satellite receiver at any connection, and an OTA/backfeed at any connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)