Pre-purchase questions -- tightwad, cheapskate -- never had Dish, or Direct

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
I have never had a Dish/Direct sub. Always went ala-carte, pick-10, with big dish.
Some people call me a cheapskate..LOL!

Anyway, I'm looking at my cheapest path to get some TV that I actually want.
I have dishes set up for FTA and get most of all that filler that comes with these packages.
But, I need to get Fox News Channel, and would like Blaze TV.
I don't have fast enough internet service to stream any services, and cannot get any faster.

So, I think that leaves me with the Smart Pack, + Blaze TV.

What's the cheapest way to get these? And, what's the best way?
I do not want a 2 year agreement. MIGHT go for a 1 year.

Should I buy my own receiver/dish and go with pay as you go? Is that same as Flex?
Or, what do you suggest for an old man tightwad cheapskate?

Thanks,

I have never had a Dish/Direct sub. Always went ala-carte, pick-10, with big dish.

I have dishes set up for FTA and get most of all that filler that comes with these packages.
I don't have fast enough internet service to stream any services, and cannot get any faster.

Should I buy my own receiver/dish and go with pay as you go? Is that same as Flex?

Thanks,

You could do a Flex TV account and just go with the Smart Pack with Blaze.

Thanks,

There are a few ways you can go about getting this. We do not offer any 1 year agreements, only 2 years or no commitment. You can purchase your own receiver, and do your own install. We would set it up as a regular activation account which provides no discounts or bonuses. There is no activation fee for this offer.

You could setup a Flex account with no commitment. This option includes a free install, and the premium channels free for 3 months and protection plan free for 4 months. This option is a $199 activation fee, and equipment would have to be purchased.

You sound like the perfect person to do exactly what you suggested, do the install and buy the equipment. Dish will have the least costing package for what you want.
Depending on your Zip for locals, (Which you will get in HD as part of the package) you will need to see one of two ARC's. For Instance in N Florida Jacksonville is only on the 77 Satellite. Other locations like Tampa are on both.

You sound like the perfect person to do exactly what you suggested, do the install and buy the equipment. Dish will have the least costing package for what you want.
Depending on your Zip for locals, (Which you will get in HD as part of the package) you will need to see one of two ARC's. For Instance in N Florida Jacksonville is only on the 77 Satellite. Other locations like Tampa are on both.

Can you typically only get one set of locals, or, can you get any that you are in the beam of?

You get the one set of locals that are designated for the address you give them for your service address. Your billing address can be different.

guess you missed this

Apparently I can't read... or more appropriately... too lazy. But not lazy enough to ignore the post all together. Go figure.

Thanks.
Can I use a friends referral code to get us both a discount for this?

And, can I purchase all this through any local reseller, or ...who?

Thanks again

Dish Depot or Solid Signal are both reliable online retailers. You should also be able to purchase from a local retailer.

I'm not sure on the referral code with no contract involved.

I do believe the referral discounts are for new customer contract activations only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)