It Appears the 722k's L8.00 Update Has Corrupted the OTA Setup

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
I have had a 722k with OTA module for over 2 years. Every month or two, I routinely re-visit the "local channels" set-up and re-scan just to see if any new channels appear. Or to see if - by chance, by some miracle - it helps populate guide data for channels that don't have that info. Well, I attempted to do this early today and I have discovered that - for the first time ever - re-scanning the channels, manually tuning a channel, or seemingly any unpredictable keystroke done within the local channels setup will likely result in the receiver freezing-up and/or re-booting. I am confident the L8.00 software update has resulted in this issue, as I'm experiencing no other problems with my receiver.

Would anyone here with a 722k and OTA module be willing to do a re-scan and see if you have the same problem?

Thanks!

Eric

I have had a 722k with OTA module for over 2 years. Every month or two, I routinely re-visit the "local channels" set-up and re-scan just to see if any new channels appear. Or to see if - by chance, by some miracle - it helps populate guide data for channels that don't have that info. Well, I attempted to do this early today and I have discovered that - for the first time ever - re-scanning the channels, manually tuning a channel, or seemingly any unpredictable keystroke done within the local channels setup will likely result in the receiver freezing-up and/or re-booting. I am confident the L8.00 software update has resulted in this issue, as I'm experiencing no other problems with my receiver.

Would anyone here with a 722k and OTA module be willing to do a re-scan and see if you have the same problem?

Thanks!

Eric

Can you send me a PM with your account information? I would like to submit a technical problem report about this issue.

Did DIRT resolve it for you? If so, what was the issue?

It's not resolved yet - DIRT submitted the issue to technical support. I am satisfied that I will live with is until another software update which could be months from now. I suppose there's an outside chance it could be my OTA module, but it's ironic that it was okay until the latest update. Plus, I can view my OTA channels just fine and nothing else appears to be wrong with the 722k. Those of us who've been here any length of time knows that these software updates can fix or enhance one thing while the same update can "break" something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts