Pre-Test for Satellite Reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

UpStateNY

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
Up-State New York
I'm currently a cable subscriber here in Up-State NY and am considering satellite as an alternate to the choke-collar Time Warner applies to its customers. Instead of risking a $50 service call and having to send back (at my expense) equipment that I can't use, I was wondering if there is any way of performing a self-test for reception quality around my home? I'd appreciate the advice, since the local suppliers and installers of DirecTV have the same answer: Buy it, you can always send it back (but at a cost).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Anywhere...

Near Albany, Hudson or Glens Falls/Queensbury??? If you are give us a call (518) 843-4350 and we will be happy to give you info and install it for ya (we don't charge anything if its a no site:D).

If you grab a compass your looking from 230 - 250 (roughly) your elevation is 35 - 20 (101 is 230 @ 35, 110 is 240 @ 27 and the 119 is 250 @ 20).

WTT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)