Prediction: New Prices Will Include A Combined Stars/Encore Package

Most likely the HD free for life has disappeared because HD is now the norm instead of the exception. Besides they will be pushing 4k now and I wouldn't be surprised to see "4k Free for life" promo be listed on your bill , as soon as they start charging for it first , of course. Got to make that $10.00 extra for a while.

Most likely the HD free for life has disappeared because HD is now the norm instead of the exception.
I think the HD Free For Life disappeared because both the HD and SD feeds are already bundled into the programming packages. Therefore, those on Eastern Arc are still paying for SD feeds as part of their package, whether they are receiving them or not. Those on Western Arc with SD-only equipment are still paying for the HD feeds as part of their package, in spite of the fact that they are not receiving them. Eliminating HD Free For Life helps eliminate any confusion. I thought that the $0.00 line on the bill for the first receiver was Dish's way of making up for eliminating HDFFL, so that those with HDFFL would still feel like they are getting something of value. (Or, maybe they would only see the $0.00 amount on the bill, and not notice that what was being listed for that changed from HD to the first receiver.) However, Dish also eliminated the first receiver line item.

The difference between the AT120 and AT120+ is to gain sports channels, but it is still not an RSN fee. There are channels in that package that are not RSNs that you gain. So still no rSN fee.

The difference between the AT120 and AT120+ is to gain sports channels, but it is still not an RSN fee. There are channels in that package that are not RSNs that you gain. So still no rSN fee.
Please show a list of channels...it's not the multisports pack

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Please show a list of channels...it's not the multisports pack

Honestly, I see no reason Top 200 and 250 wouldn't be 74.99 and 84.99 over the the Top 120 64.99.
Clearly the RSNs make Top 120+ $5 more a month.
And the fact that they go $10 up from the 120 plus pack IMO shows your paying the $5 towards RSNs.
Whether you have them or not.

This can be disputed until your blue in the face either way.
Dish is still on the same system that Directv was on years ago.

Just incorporate RSNs, First Receiver, HD into the basepacks.
Directv never used to charge for the first receiver either, But they also use to charge $25 per month for an MRV fee, Which has since been reduced by $3 with the Itemized prices.

Directv also has a Billion dollar football package to carry, that according to AT&T and the NFL is on a downward trend.
So there is probably another reason Directvs prices are getting out of control.

Dish is definitely cheaper, but to assume your not paying for RSNs well the proof is in the packages.

Honestly, I see no reason Top 200 and 250 wouldn't be 74.99 and 84.99 over the the Top 120 64.99.
Clearly the RSNs make Top 120+ $5 more a month.
And the fact that they go $10 up from the 120 plus pack IMO shows your paying the $5 towards RSNs.
Whether you have them or not.

This can be disputed until your blue in the face either way.
Dish is still on the same system that Directv was on years ago.

Just incorporate RSNs, First Receiver, HD into the basepacks.
Directv never used to charge for the first receiver either, But they also use to charge $25 per month for an MRV fee, Which has since been reduced by $3 with the Itemized prices.

Directv also has a Billion dollar football package to carry, that according to AT&T and the NFL is on a downward trend.
So there is probably another reason Directvs prices are getting out of control.

Dish is definitely cheaper, but to assume your not paying for RSNs well the proof is in the packages.
My issue is you pay same price if you have no RSN..they should offer a price break

Reactions: pattykay
My issue is you pay same price if you have no RSN..they should offer a price break

Here Chad, and Tampa should love this.
Screenshot_20161216-092038.png

More dish horse manure..locals are mandatory..just more smoke and mirrors
I was wondering about that. Will packages other than Flex Pack now also have the option to opt-out of locals? In that case, the final sentence should read "However, the combined impact of these changes will result in a $5 increase to the monthly bill if the subscriber keeps the local channels. Otherwise, it will result in a $5 decrease to the monthly bill."

I was wondering about that. Will packages other than Flex Pack now also have the option to opt-out of locals? In that case, the final sentence should read "However, the combined impact of these changes will result in a $5 increase to the monthly bill if the subscriber keeps the local channels. Otherwise, it will result in a $5 decrease to the monthly bill."
I'm glad I have an option to not pay for locals, or sports. Choice is key.

Reactions: pattykay
The full article doesn't say that. So we don't know, other than $5 goes towards RSN fees, so they dropped the Basepackage $5.
Which is , "Smoke and mirrors", since we were already paying that anyway.
Only 2 people think otherwise.

With a Result of Top 250 supposedly going to $94.99

You existing customer guys under your what ever promo price lock you got should also see a $5 increase.
New customers shouldn't as they have a price lock garentee across-the-board.

Again until something is on paper, we don't know for sure.
But thats the speculation in the Dish Price increase thread.

The full article doesn't say that.
I know. I said that's what the article should say, in my opinion.

You existing customer guys under your what ever promo price lock you got should also see a $5 increase.
New customers shouldn't as they have a price lock garentee across-the-board.
Since when does the new customer price lock also include add-ons?