Premature Ending during Playback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mpeltz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Atlanta
Sometimes, when playing a previously recorded show, the playback suddenly stops as if it's at the end of the recording. This can happen at any time during playback (2 minutes into the show, 10 minutes, 30 minutes). It seems to occur more often in OTA recordings, but I've seen this on satellite recordings as well. I can't reproduce it every time.

If I play the show over again, it ends at the same spot every time. It's really irritating. You end up missing part of the recording, even though the system says the whole thing was recorded.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

This is not 922 specific. It happens on the 722K as well. You are correct. It only happens with OTA.

I set up double timers for Lost last season (1 on Sat/1 on OTA), because I had that happen (I prefer OTA, because the picture is a bit better)...

My 722 (non K) never had this problem. I've only seen this with the 922 and, while it more often occurs with OTA, it does happen on satellite shows as well.

I saw this on a non OTA channel recording of Letterman. After it 'ended', I could rewind a little bit and use the forward skip button to bypass whatever was causing the premature ending. Had to do that a few times to get through the hour program...

My 722 will do that sometimes when it has corrupt or missing chunks of MPEG data in the file; sometimes I get the "part of the recording lost" message, other times it will just end with no warning but if I hit rewind, then jump forward it will skip the invalid data and continue playback. Doesn't happen very often.

I had this happen just recently for the first time. The program just stopped and I was back in live TV. I went back to the recording and started it and it picked up where it left off. This happened twice more. Never happened to me before.

The 922 definitely has a problem with OTA. I moved all my OTA to TiVo, and have not had a dropout since. I experimented with the 922 and it will suddenly drop out OTA every now and then for no reason. Signal strength will be in the 90s, drop out and go back to the 90s. The TV tuner and TiVo tuners would not even show a glitch. I thought perhaps I had a bad OTA tuner module, then saw others were having problems with OTA and figured it is not just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)