Premium Plus HD box not saving motor positions - saving one loosing the rest... HELP!

em200

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Sweden
Hi all,

When I save one satellite using the Disecq12 option the box don't want to move to the position of the other satellites when I change channels. For example, I added 1W and can receive channels. Now I went to set up 13E and got it but after that it is stuck at 13E and does not want to move to correct satellite when I choose a 1W channel.

Any ideas why?

I use the latest 5306 FW. Maybe downgrade? Do you know any version that are working well with motor? I have Stab 120 (older version without USAULS).

I also tried to save each satellite giving them a position, for example Pos 1 for 1W and 13 for 13E but that's not working either.

Before I start to downgrade - if needed - I felt I need to ask if anyone knows the best version to choose.

Thank you and I am hoping for some leads or advices.

/G

Update: Putted the 5020 FW but still strange. When I move to East eventually it starts to go back to West, and then a bit to East and then stopping. Weird behavior. I tried many times to reset/remove the limits but not working. I guess I have to buy more LNBs and skip the motor then, to sad, one can think it should work though. Still I could not find any satellite even when looking for it!

It's still not moving the motor normally so I had to find a satellite using a old receiver and just stop at 9E and use it for now. He, not so nice.

Question:

Is the box working better with the USAULS standard or Diseqc12?
My motor is from 2002 so it's quite old. If it would help I am open to buy a new motor instead of a multi satellite dish with 8 LNBS, quite cheaper to just buy a new Stab 120 motor.
Anyone who can say if a new motor might work better?

The AZ BOXES WORK GOOD USING USAL,but not with disec 1.2

That's not entirely true. The two AZBoxes I have work fine with Diseq 1.2 once you understand that every time you do a blind scan you have to reset or delete the East limits. Me, I just set the East limit switch in the actuator motor housing and don't worry about resetting that software limit after a blind scan, just delete it and be on my way. Other than that mine have performed flawlessly. Never used USAL so I got no clue as to how that works.

I used DiseqC 1.1 for the 6 months after I bought my Azbox HD Premium because I did not undertand how to use the USALS. Once I discovered how easy it is to use, I have used it exclusively and have never had any problems with it. I tune to 38 Satellites and they fall spot once I put in the co-ordinale in one of them. I noticed that I had to adjust one of them from time to time to get a maximum signal but that's rare.

I just ordered a tm-2600 motor with USALS and hope it will work better. I tried different FW but none really worked still. Quite strange. So, I guess I will put the latest FW and try to the new motor. Would be great if it will work better :)!

EM200,

The AZBox can be a little glitchy with motor control depending on how you apply the motor control functions. If you adopt the strategy of "North Americanizing" your satellite list (or if you are in another region of the world - the same strategy holds true). Stargaze wrote up a tutorial to explain how to "clean up" your satellite list and it works exceptionally well. Follow that procedure and you will be so much further ahead. There will still be some issues if you are using a V-Box or G-Box to control a C-Band Bud dish. We are still looking for ways to improve that operation. However, if you follow the guidelines to "North Americanize" your satellite list you will elliminate much of your troubles.

The basic problem is that there are some satellites in the original list (from the factory) which are a little messed up. These sats confuse the whole operation and you experience continual fouling with any new sats that you add to that list. Basically, what you need to do is clear the entire list out and start from scratch (but start from a good scratch slate where everything is perfect).

I have my own list well defined and I have satellites logged in using both USALS and DISEQ 1.2 motor control and they are just fine. You must get your slate clean in order for this to work for you.

Follow the instructions that StarGaze posted to "North Americanize" your sat list first. If you are from Europe or Asia, follow the same procedure, but omit all the sats that are useless to your location. This works pretty well, there are still some issues depending on what you are doing, but you will have resolved 90% of the negative operations.

Keep trying EM200. This does work, but you do have to jump through a few hoops to get it to the point that satisfies you. Trust me, it is possible, even if it seems like a long way around the park.

RADAR

For what ever reason I have had poor results using diseqc 1.2 to control the motor. I have always used USALS. Seems to work every time unless the wind blows the dish out of alignment.
As Radar says above, delete all the non required satellites (keep only 20w to 135W birds if you are in North America). Keeping the sat list slimmed down seems to keep the list data from corrupting. Stargaze has a good channel list to start from to save you some time.
-C.

Update: Putted the 5020 FW but still strange. When I move to East eventually it starts to go back to West, and then a bit to East and then stopping. Weird behavior. I tried many times to reset/remove the limits but not working. I guess I have to buy more LNBs and skip the motor then, to sad, one can think it should work though. Still I could not find any satellite even when looking for it!

em200, I have a AZbox Premium Plus and been using DisEqC 1.2 with a Von Weiss Actuator, (Dish Mover) and a VBox III Motor Controller, and have been able to successfully store in 33 Satellites. I am using FW 5306 so I don't think its a FW problem. There has been some minor problems with the East Limit coming in when using DiseQC 1.2 after storing each Satellite, - this is cleared by doing a reboot, - but the Satellites have been easily stored in. I could be wrong but Stab Motors are mostly suited for Usals control so not sure what your setup is. Can you tell us more about your Satellite dish setup? That is what size of Dish are you using with that Stab Motor? Hope this helps.

Thx for all replies. I have just got my motor and I am now preparing the motor with the various angles.

I have a 100cm dish, brand I am not sure of really. I had an older Stab 120 motor WITHOUT USALS, and because it really never worked good with my Premium Plus HD I decided to buy a new TM-2600... So that's my technical status...

Now about the setup of the TM-2600... This is what I think is correct; if anyone has any tips please let me know if something is wrong.

My Lat: 57.5°
MyLong: 15.0°
Declination Angle: 7.8°

Satellite to aim at: 13E

I put 57.5° as elevation on the motor.
In the manual it said, take 30°-Declination Angle (7.8°)= 22.2°, and use 22.2° as elevation on the dish.

According to http://www.gaaps.com.tw/ I should also move the motor using gotoX to 2.2W and use that as X. (? As I understand...)
And then the USAL feature will move the dish correctly to each satellite.

Do I have the right understanding of setting up this motor (TM-2600) ?

I guess it would also be good to do the "North Americanizing" thing, although for Europe... Thanks for the recommendation Radar!

Also, nice to hear that Valasante has such a motor and a Azbox, so it seems quite promising :) What FW do you use Valasante?

L8r....

Question! Should the motor be on 0° when I install it? And then activate USALS and let it go to the sat I wish to lock on, for example 13E or 1W. And then I will move the dish/motor until I get a strong signal? Please let me know ASAP since I think I have misunderstood a bit...

I use FW 9.5306. Sometimes you may need to adjust the longitude (every few months depending on the weather). For instance my true co-ordinales are 49.05N 2.02E but I get maximum strength on some satellites when I put the co-ordinates 49.05N 0.0E or from 49.05N 0.0 E to 49.05N to 1.5E. I only rescan the satellite concernes. Interestingly, I notices that motor moves to readjust to stations before and after tweaking. I dont know why this happens but peharps some techincal people can give us some insight.

Valasante!

I don't know if something is wrong but when I move to the position for 1W it says on the motor it's on 19W or 20W. I thought it would move to 1W on the motor aswell? I have reset the motor sometimes already and restarted the box. I enter my long, lat values and hit go to position and it heads of to 19W or something. Maybe that is the real position for me? I use 1w as 0 position and get 100% signal quality. But other sats are not coming in. I will now try to use 19W on the motor and move the dish until i get 100% again. Maybe it will work after that. I will post my findings....

Okey!
It is working now. The motor should be on 19W as the start point for the 1W satellite. After this the satellites I tested worked!!!
Thanks for all input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts