Premium VS Voom Poll

Would you rather the new premium channel additions or the Voom channels

• Total voters
I was responding to iamacheater's question...and yes, you are the most logical choice based on the games you are playing in the VOOM threads. I would ask that you please stop because your double-talk and rhetoric are getting a little little bit tiresome.;)

I guess you are trying to cover up that the fake accounts are yours. Would I stop what? The only time you make sense is when you are quoting some news article. Why don't you go post in the cable Tv forum where you belong.

FACT: On the topic of Voom, Spatch's only intention is to get a rise out of Voom Fans. His sole purpose is to antagonize.

Spatch, to any reasonable person, nothing you can say on the topic of Voom will look like anything other than juvenile antics.

FACT: On the topic of Voom, Spatch's only intention is to get a rise out of Voom Fans. His sole purpose is to antagonize.

Spatch, to any reasonable person, nothing you can say on the topic of Voom will look like anything other than juvenile antics.

Not sure how many of the people are reasonable that keep arguing with me then. They continually bring up the same things, I then prove what I am saying, then they say the same thing over again. Stop responding to me if you think I am juvenile.

OK I admit it. I am really spatch. I did this all in fun. No harm no foul. Sorry if I made anyone mad or if anyone felt like this was done to hurt them. I will stop my childish antics. I was also all of the other fake voters. I did it to make voom look bad. I wanted to make voom look bad because I really do miss it. I was upset over the fact that I can no longer see my favorite channels. I loved monsters and rave. I loved the picture even if it was hd-lite no other channels can compare. So again I am sorry I took it out on everyone here at Satelliteguys.

OK I admit it. I am really spatch. I did this all in fun. No harm no foul. Sorry if I made anyone mad or if anyone felt like this was done to hurt them. I will stop my childish antics. I was also all of the other fake voters. I did it to make voom look bad. I wanted to make voom look bad because I really do miss it. I was upset over the fact that I can no longer see my favorite channels. I loved monsters and rave. I loved the picture even if it was hd-lite no other channels can compare. So again I am sorry I took it out on everyone here at Satelliteguys.
Might I suggest therapy!;)

Oh my God! You have to be kidding me.

Spatch,

The poll indicates Voom was viable (as the poll indicates approximately 50/50)... Why not consider a new poll down the line that facilitates the option for 'both', as Dish had the bandwidth all along...?

p.s., Don't get sucked in by flamers! ;) I know you're well beyond that... forget the fodder, bro :) !!!

Being viable on here isn't viable in the real world. 50/50 here = about 80/20 overall. Not even fifty percent of the subs probably knew Voom existed. From Dish's side, there's alot more money to be made from getting ahead of the game re: HBO and Starz as opposed to Voom, where subs were dropping it left and right when it was on the higher HD tier. A severely shrunk down Voom might be viable.

Spatch,

The poll indicates Voom was viable (as the poll indicates approximately 50/50)... Why not consider a new poll down the line that facilitates the option for 'both', as Dish had the bandwidth all along...?

p.s., Don't get sucked in by flamers! ;) I know you're well beyond that... forget the fodder, bro :) !!!

Yeah, Spatch is the victim here.:rolleyes:

Being viable on here isn't viable in the real world. 50/50 here = about 80/20 overall. Not even fifty percent of the subs probably knew Voom existed. From Dish's side, there's alot more money to be made from getting ahead of the game re: HBO and Starz as opposed to Voom, where subs were dropping it left and right when it was on the higher HD tier. A severely shrunk down Voom might be viable.

It tems of what? HD subs or SD subs? I would think that all HD subs knew of Voom.

Yeah, Spatch is the victim here.:rolleyes:

I have never "started with" anyone here but there are a few here that don't like my opinions and decide that instead of debating the topic they will flame me and call me a troll.

Take a look through my posts. They are in response to what someone has said. I do not make comments to get people riled up. I am almost always replying to a post, adding comments on whether I agree or disagree. Just because I don't have the same opinions as a person is no reason to attack me. Read back through my posts and tell me where I am attacking a person without them first attacking me.

I have never "started with" anyone here but there are a few here that don't like my opinions and decide that instead of debating the topic they will flame me and call me a troll.

Take a look through my posts. They are in response to what someone has said. I do not make comments to get people riled up. I am almost always replying to a post, adding comments on whether I agree or disagree. Just because I don't have the same opinions as a person is no reason to attack me. Read back through my posts and tell me where I am attacking a person without them first attacking me.

:river

You know something, I agree with your 80/20 split but only among all the SD subs. Also, if they are SD subs, they don't know what they are missing in the world of HD so why would they even know about Voom? Did anyone ever see listings in your local newspaper or the printed version of TV Guide for MonstersHD (the most popular Voom channel?)?? Even my local cable CSR (I still deal with the cable company for internet service and telephone - How crazy would that sound back in the 1970's?? lol) the local cable CSR never heard of Voom! I told her about it and if TWC picked it up, I would be back on cable after 8 years with Dish.

Dish saw many angry HD people exiting or downgrading (like myself) because of the cancellation of Voom so they give us HBO, Starz and HD Ultimate upgrades free for 3 months. (HBO & Starz w/ 2 yr. committment). These extra channels worth $30 per month (w/ DVR Advantage) and with the premiums commiting you to a new contract is what Dish decided what it would take customers to stop the defecting. Is it enough?

Could the cancellation of Voom have been planned since last fall and Dish just thought if they gave you Cinemax for a virtual penny a year for a couple of years everyone would still be satisfied with the service? Thats something to wonder about.

Dish now knows they made a mistake the way I see it. Some sort of Voom will be back. And this time, everywhere! On cable, D* and E*. Voom just better get smart. They need to both program and market this right. If they do, Voom could come back a winner and even the SD people might take notice of HD. They will even know about Voom.

I don't have a problem with you Spatch. I just wish you would focus your attention on things you care about. Obviously, I care about getting Voom back and complaining and bitching about it is important to me. Your time would be better spent on things you care about. What do you think? Nothing you or anyone else says will change our minds. We liked it and want it back. Arguing about it is a waste of time.

Last edited:
I paid for the premiums like Starz, HBO, Cinemax and Showtime. Asked me how many times did I watch anything fromt he main channel (like Starz HD, HBO HD Cmax HD or Showtime HD), NEVER. Now that we have the others in HD, the only thing I see is a bunch of movies repeated over different channels. I tried to watch HBO Latino HD for the spanish foreign movies but guess what they were not HD! So WTF happened there. In the mean time, I see that Filmfest has new foreign movies in HD! So which way you think I voted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)