Premium VS Voom Poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Would you rather the new premium channel additions or the Voom channels

• Total voters
Premiums cost extra. Voom WAS part of the package I still pay for now. All channels show repeats, at 15 channels of real 1080i, Voom wins for me. Although it'll probably not come back.:(

I am with you I will always Miss MonstersHD to me I will take that over any HD channel they could throw at me.

I went with neither. I'd rather see the bandwidth go for mainstream basic national HD.

Voom stunk with useless channels and too many repeats, and it cost $10/month.

Premiums cost a ton extra, so I don't care about those.

Last edited:
not_this_shit_again.jpg

DerekE
The thread subject line had "Voom" in it, why you bother coming in AND POSTING if you are sick of the subject?

Because it makes about as much sense as complaining about why Betamax is gone. Is Voom coming back? Don't know, don't care. And if I didn't read a voom thread that would eliminate about 75 percent of the dish network forum on account of the people who can't get over the fact that 15 little watched, often repeated 'tv channels' were removed from a service they're still choosing to pay for. If you're that adamant about it, don't waste your money on a service that's obviously inferior and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Some complaints are what this forum is for, but not the same complaint repeated ad nauseum by the same people in different threads. So there. :p

the reason of this thread is not to complain about the loss of voom or to gloat over it. There is no other motive then what the question asks.

I tried to make it a public poll so that neither side could fake the results but there is a bug in the system.

Also, you never know, it has been stated that Dish monitors the forums. Maybe your vote can count for something the next time dish views some posts.

Dish..lets see if we can throw everything but the kitchen sink and see what sticks..

Not doing it for me....

I still miss what I came to dish for..Voom.

Im done..for now
With that said I hope everyone enjoys the new stuff!! Everyone deserves a choice.

I think the HD premiums add value if you enjoy movies and prefer not to rent videos or purchase expensive PPV movies. I have added Starz and HBO now that most of the channels are available in HD. Voom certainly had some quality programming, if they could have reduced the Voom package to about four channels(with less repeats)it would have been a more viable option for Dish IMO.

Dunno about Starz, but HBO has no regard for original aspect ratio and shows all their crap over and over on all the different channels, same with Cinemax. So as much as Voom repeated stuff, it was at least more interesting and in the OAR. So definitely Voom.

That said, Starz is much more appealing to me now, so I might sign up if Dish resolves some of its recent customer service failures. (I'm waiting for Dish to sort out a conflict involving a rep who signed me up for paperless billing and auto-pay, but somehow failed to set up Cinemax for a Penny even though it was the whole reason behind the call, so I won't be adding anything to my package until Dish proves it cares about its customers.)

Is the compression on the new HBO channels better than HBO HD? Because HBO HD is terrible and every J6P who watches at my house notices how bad it looks. Maybe this Turbo-charged thing has improved picture quality?

If Voom comes back and it gives us even more choice, then super! But when you have the Voom complainers infecting threads that have nothing to do with Voom, then it becomes an issue. Like I said, Voom is gone, if it comes back, fine, if not, that's fine too. I found a few things to like about Rave, and Gallery since that's my thing, but adding Smithsonian in the previous HD addition was a nice touch, and a nice way to replace Gallery in a small way. If I had a choice of one channel to come back it would be Rave since there is really nothing close short of MHD, but Rave had more artists that weren't conducive to getting played on MTV or VH1, and that made it a lot better. So yes, there was a Voom channel I watched regularly, but I also understand why Voom was removed, and I don't find it egregious enough to want to quit paying for a service that provides so much else to watch. If DISH wants to BUY voom and buy the rights to the programming, and help produce original content than that would be ideal, but given the choice, I'd rather watch new content in stretch-o-vision then watch repeat after repeat in True HD.

If Voom comes back and it gives us even more choice, then super!

I was hoping that Voom might be part of the 20 more channels E* is going to have over D* at the end of the year (130 vs 150), I can dream anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)