Premiums and DVRs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know what HDCP is but I've recorded a lot of programs on the STARZ freeview weekends and been able to play the programs long after the freeview weekend was over.

Last edited:
You're good. Don't sweat it. I downgraded my services this morning in protest. Everything is still on the DVR and visible.

Good Lordy Sky, talking about disgruntled! Dude needs a hug!!

I've had it man. Just had it. Been a Premier equivalent sub for going on 10 years. I did the math on it....Its ugly. $3500+ in equipment and $20k + in programming fees over that time.

Its the principle of it.

To DirecTV -> :rant:

We need to get you a foaming at the mouth rodent avatar :)

Props for actually doing something about it though, so many people talk big and then just bend over anyways.

depends on the reciever and the content. DTV stance is anything you recorded on hbo is nolonger valid when you drop hbo. Does the reciver always do this no, especially if it a older reciver and tivos dont do it at all.

depends on the reciever and the content. DTV stance is anything you recorded on hbo is nolonger valid when you drop hbo. Does the reciver always do this no, especially if it a older reciver and tivos dont do it at all.

I'm going to stick with my original answer. The OP has nothing to worry about, the programs will work fine after they drop or change premium services.

My HR20 has never deleted programs when I drop or change premium channels. I've never heard of, or read about this happening to anyone.

I know you said it depends on the receiver and content to cover yourself, but I've never heard of this happening with any premium services or DIRECTV HD or SD DVR.

Can you give us some examples of which receivers and content does this ?

Last edited:
I'm going to stick with my original answer. The OP has nothing to worry about, the programs will work fine after they drop or change premium services.

My HR20 has never deleted programs when I drop or change premium channels. I've never heard of, or read about this happening to anyone.

I know you said it depends on the receiver and content to cover yourself, but I've never heard of this happening with any premium services or DIRECTV HD or SD DVR.

This should never happen! I will never buy a ppv now because of this.

I think the capability is there, but not used. Can only imagine the reaction when people record a bunch of stuff from free previews and then on a Tuesday night fire up some movie from HBO and it says you must subscribe... would be a very negative experience.

I can see it doing that with on demand, but maybe thats why on demand for those channels isnt available during a free preview.

I think the capability is there, but not used. Can only imagine the reaction when people record a bunch of stuff from free previews and then on a Tuesday night fire up some movie from HBO and it says you must subscribe... would be a very negative experience.

I can see it doing that with on demand, but maybe thats why on demand for those channels isnt available during a free preview.
Agreed on demand is a different beast.

Countles customers who call in and complain about it happening get a call about it about twice a week .

MY self who it happended to ( I have 2 residences in 2 different states I only get employee pricing on one the other one full price ) I droped showtime and I lost a whole season of dexter and us tara .

VOD content also will drop out after droping a premium even before it qoute on qoute expriation date.

Does it happen yes , does it happen alot no not all the time.

He like most can go on with out issue. But if he has problems like it not playin and saying searching for authroized content then I saying that direct will not do anything as our policy is drop a premium channel recorded content is no longer valid.

On demand is a different code in our systme all together for it.

the free previews times are not the same as regular sub.

Mainly when starz or hbo does a free weekend. we dont put service tier on your access card the channel is pretty much unencyrpted like channel 100 is.

And you probably will with out concern. I was just stating policy... If they content gets deauthorized dont bother calling tech support a we will just state that since you dont hve hbo that the authroziaion for the content is no longer valid.

The "policy" also says every single DIRECTV receiver in the world has to be connected to a phone line to function and we all know that doesn't really matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts