Prepaid 301 Multiple Rooms?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

apachetimes

Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
USA
Contemplating Buying a 301 prepaid reciever (Purp G3) I would like it in the 2 bedrooms as well is there a way to do this? If so what equipment would I need... I'd prefer to buy the system outright rather than lease or contract as I have store credit with a online vendor.

I apologize if this has allready ben covered, I didnt search this topic.:D

We can't really tell based on your note. What type of receiver(s) and dish do you have today? If you have a D500 and an existing receiver, it might be as simple as another cable run or installing a switch and a cable run. Can you describe your existing system? If you are looking at a new install, are you trying to share the video across two rooms or considering multiple receivers? Thanks.....

New Dish 301 Reciever with Purple G3 Smartcard
Let me clarify I have a D500 Dish pre-installed with terminated RG-6 Cable- can I buy the reciever above and make it work in 2 additional rooms with 2 additional recievers?

Last edited:
prepaid systems only work for 1 single tv solution, meaning if you want in 2 tv's, you will have to buy 2 prepaid receceivers and pay the monthly fee 2 times, like u would have to buy 2 $40 pin cards to get tehm both going...they dont have a dual tuner for prepaid..yet so i heard.

Prepaid does not offer discounts for additional receivers. Each receiver is an additional account. The basic dish 500 can support 2 receivers and with the addition of switches can support upto 12 receivers with Dish Pro and DP34 switches.

That is where I was getting at. Does the LNB on the Dish 500 have 2 cables coming from it? If so, a second RG-6 can be run to the bedroom you want to add the pre-paid receiver to. If you have no more LNB outputs available, you can buy a DP-34 or clone switch (Sadoun has one) - providing you have at least a dual output LNB and can run them to the switch to allow another cable feed to the bedroom.

As noted above, each receiver has only one tuner and each 301 needs to be authorized on its own for programming so if you operate both for a large portion of the month, it might be more expensive than a month to month subscription and extra receiver fee.

I know I've seen connection diagrams on-line and I'll try to find some links.

Again, we don't know all the details of your set-up but are we getting closer to answering your questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)