Pressed Red reset button on Hopper/ Lost all recorded shows and timers.

calbbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
SF Bay Area
I pressed the red reset button on the front of my Hopper this morning and I lost all my recorded shows and timers. I think they were there originally but now they are all gone. :confused: Is this normal or has anyone else had this happen? I'm just glad it was the Hopper that my shows get recorded on and not the wife's Hopper!!!! :eek: SW is at 217.

I pressed the red reset button on the front of my Hopper this morning and I lost all my recorded shows and timers. I think they were there originally but now they are all gone. :confused: Is this normal or has anyone else had this happen? I'm just glad it was the Hopper that my shows get recorded on and not the wife's Hopper!!!! :eek: SW is at 217.

I've seen similar situations with other receiver models, but not with the Hopper. Try unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reset it

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I've seen similar situations with other receiver models, but not with the Hopper. Try unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reset it

I checked it fairly quickly after the first reset and nothing was there and got impatient I guess. I then unplugged the Hopper for a little bit and let it come back up and everything was still missing but then everything else was in disarray. It stopped responding to any commands, guide, menu, changing channels, cancel, view tv. You name and it wouldn't respond. After reset/unplugging, it originally comes back with viewing what is on live tv but like I said; going anywhere else it just stops responding. Sometimes it will take the first command but any secondary command it gets stuck or confused and the command is delayed.
So where it stands now is that I unplugged it for 30 seconds and plugged it back in and I'm not going to touch it till the morning and see what happens.

If it still has the same problems, it would be best if we replace the receiver

Hi Matt,
Turned on the tv this morning and was able to view the channel the Hopper was tuned to but it went downhill from there. There was a message saying not to set any timers or access the DVR because an update was in progress and it showed 0% done, I'm sure it was sitting like that all night.
Pretty much any selections from the menus took anywhere from 30 seconds to sometimes 1 1/2 minutes to respond. Now I get no picture or sound. I went to some of the diagnostic screens, check switch and some others, even though it was very slow getting responses back everything checked out okay.

I have a 2 Hopper 1 Joey setup and the Hopper giving me the problem is the one connected to my router through ethernet. The other Hopper and Joey are both working just fine at the moment(knock on wood), I'm afraid to unplug those. I had the Hoppers and Joey installed three weeks ago and everything was fine until three days ago when I had one recorded show on the bad Hopper freeze on me in two different spots and I just ended up deleting it. It was the next morning when I tried the reset and well you know the rest.

Any other suggestions?

If I should have this Hopper replaced should I contact Dish directly or would you be able to help me out?

Thank You.

Update:
I think the HD finally went out in the Hopper. Now it is just keeps cycling through the start process. New Hopper is being sent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)