Preview Showroom?

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
So is the preview showroom completely finished? I noticed online that 8/9 is the last day for the current channels. Last month they told us what channels were next, but they don't say anything. Is it safe to assume that this little "promo" only lasted 2 cycles, or does someone have inside info about what's next?

garys said:
Slueth, FSESP (Spanish), SOAP, EWAM. Military and CSTV.

Wow, this seems absolutely useless for most people. Yep, there are a few bones for folks who don't subscribe to Top 120 or Top 180. The HD stuff makes very little sense as it seems to only affect those small percentage that have the old HP Pak with a HD receiver. Will they be receivable with an 811 or 942? If not, it seems to me that all but a few already committed to those packs when they got the newer MPEG4 receiver anyway.

I dont know what they are thinking on NFL-HD.

Everyone gets the SD version and the HD version is only available to those with MPEG4 receivers.

No, it's an MPEG2 version put on 110 with HDNet, it's to get people with mpeg2 hd receiver to upgrade ;)

Any idea how long these will last? CSTV should be a good station with college football starting up. Hopefully I might be able to watch at least one real college football game on there.

Max Wright said:
Any idea how long these will last? CSTV should be a good station with college football starting up. Hopefully I might be able to watch at least one real college football game on there.
Ya' know, I can't remember even one live Div I game on CSTV last year. But there were quite a few taped replays.

mdonnelly said:
Ya' know, I can't remember even one live Div I game on CSTV last year. But there were quite a few taped replays.
check out the sports "alt" channels ..they were loaded with CSTV games last year and i didnt see any blackouts!!

CSTV willhave live football

CSTV signed a contract with the Mountain West Conference and will be broadcasting football games live this year. In addition the conference will have there own designated channel called the "mtn.". As a BYU fan I am hoping that Dish will pick this regional sports package "mtn." up so that I can watch the cougars here in AZ. From what I have been told Dish is in current discussions.

http://www.cstv.com/genrel/042106aaa.html

I think if they kept a showroom section on satellite that it would really help them retain their subscribers while getting many of them to upgrade. Some people like freebies and this would keep some on the service. It is that little extra kick for being with them. Others will want that channel after starting to watch a show and will upgrade their package. It also gives people a chance to see what the offerings are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)