Previous Dish customer question

mdanderson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
Garland,Tx.
I have Voom right now but I was with Dish Network previously. I want to come back to Dish but Dish Network said I would have to do a 2 year agreement with them in order to get free installation. If don't want to do the 2yr agreement then I have to pay a reactivation fee plus reinstall my old dish myself. Dish says they charge at least $99.00 to reinstall. I don't think I could reinstall the thing myself so maybe I could hire a local installer to do it. Any suggestion? Thanks for your help.

Most retailers are going to charge about that also to reinstall your dish, ecspecially if there is any rewiring or anything that will need to be done...
I'd say, call a local retailer and see if they can qualify you for a DHA 12 month promotion... it's still a commitment, but at least not 2 years...
that way you can get all new equipment, a new dish, and all installed for free.

you don't want a commitment go with comcast, or wait until you get to see if anyone will take over the voom programming

Dish also told me the same thing....so I signed up with Cox Cable. I'm not going to sign a long term programming comittment with either Dish or Direct....they both have serious issues that would make me fear for my satisfaction for that length of time.

mdanderson said:
I have Voom right now but I was with Dish Network previously. I want to come back to Dish but Dish Network said I would have to do a 2 year agreement with them in order to get free installation. If don't want to do the 2yr agreement then I have to pay a reactivation fee plus reinstall my old dish myself. Dish says they charge at least $99.00 to reinstall. I don't think I could reinstall the thing myself so maybe I could hire a local installer to do it. Any suggestion? Thanks for your help.

I put my accout on hold less than a month ago. I decided to give voom a try. I have to say that the quality was better than dish. I now have to make a choice here. Do I just drop dish completely and go to ota only. Dish is pulling a bunch of garbage on people and I consider them to be the worst customer service company of all. That is just my 2 cents

PS, I wouldn't even consider D either

Thanks for the help and various input. After looking at my old Dish satellite and reading the installation manual, I think I will try and reinstall it myself. It is worth a shot anyway and I may be able to do it. So far I have found someone who will install it for $80.00 but I may still look around if I can't get it installed myself. Thanks again.

You need to call and ask for the customer retention dept. You will get a CS supervisor who can make better deals then the low level CSRs can. I was with Dish, put my sub on "pause" when I switched to Voom in February. I called them the other ans spoke with the retention dept.and told them I wanted to come back due to the demise of Voom but wasn't going to pay and if I HD pack for 1/2 off for 12 months.

Give it a try if you want, worked for me.

You still have your old Dish satellite??
Then it woiuld be a breeze. The skew and elevation are already set!! All you need is a plumb post/pedestal. Half-tighten down the two 7/16 inch nuts and just swing it back and forth (azimuth) until you find the best signal.

fred

Thanks Fred for the advice. You are right. I looked at the old Dish and and the skew and elevation are already set. I would just need to take down my Voom dish and put the old one back up. I just hope I can find the signal. The Dish menu said the azimuth is 204. Thanks again.

Matt

SimpleSimon said:
Assuming it's a Dish 500, just make sure you get 119 on the 119 "eye".

Cover the 110 eye with tinfoil to be sure.

Thanks SimpleSimon for the advice. I will feel a since of accomplishment if I can install it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts