Previous VOOM lineup

phillycreamboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I noticed that VOOM used to carry many more channels before they went over to DISH network. Can anyone tell me what some of the channels used to be? Anyword on when some of those channels will make it back to Dish network? I would really like MAX-HD and TMC-HD.

Those weren't the Voom "21" Channels, just channels that happened to be on Voom.

MAX-HD and TMC-HD could have just as easily been on Dish or Directv this whole time, but would not be "Directv channels".

Here's the old VOOM HD Channel Lineup Card...

VOOM used to have 21 VOOM HD Originals, up to 40 total HD channels, along with HD locals that were integrated into the EPG using their supplied/installed OTA antenna:

100 HDNews
101 HD Cinema10 - Family Room
102 HD Cinema10 - World Cinema
103 HD Cinema10 - Film Fest
104 HD Cinema10 - KungFU
105 HD Cinema10 - Guy TV
106 HD Cinema10 - Ha Ha
107 HD Cinema10 - Majestic
108 HD Cinema10 - Vice
109 HD Cinema10 - Gunslingers
110 HD Cinema10 - Divine HD

121 Monsters HD
122 Equator HD
123 WorldSport HD
124 Rush HD
125 Rave HD
126 Ultra HD
127 Auction HD
128 Gallery HD
129 LAB HD
130 Animania HD
201 Home Box Office HD East
202 Home Box Office HD West
221 Cinemax HD East
222 Cinemax HD West

241 Showtime HD East
242 Showtime HD West
251 The Movie Channel HD East
261 Starz HD East
262 Starz HD West
271 Encore HD East

301 ESPN HD
311 NFL Network HD
341 Fox Sports Net Florida HD
501 Universal HD
521 Turner Network Television HD
531 Wealth TV HD
601 Discovery HD Theater
700 Inside VOOM HD
701 Playboy HD
999 Inside VOOM HD

Attachments

• VOOM lineup HD only.pdf
    5.8 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
I refuse to subscribe to premium chanels that do not offer HD. So Dish Network is losing my $$ by not offering Max-HD, Starz-HD, etc. ;)

Ilya said:
I refuse to subscribe to premium chanels that do not offer HD. So Dish Network is losing my $$ by not offering Max-HD, Starz-HD, etc. ;)
Good point.....so a good question would be to ask Dish why they haven't offered these ch's to their customers. It really would bring in more cash....I remember watching StarzHD alot. I also remember alot of upcoverted movies.

Thank You riffjim4069 for a very good answer.
It seems like a no brainer for Dish to have these extra channels since they were already in use. I know Dish wants to be knows as the industry leader in HD so subtracting these channels doesn't make much sense. Does anyone know if other than the local HD channels that were just added, what other channels Dish intends to bring to its lineup.

Ilya said:
I feel this way too, but by the time I add up all the E* DVR fees, etc., it's actually cheaper for me to keep the DishHD Platinum package then it is to drop down to Gold and add only HBO/SHO. I almost never watch the premium SD channels.

I want these channels, they sound cool!

106 HD Cinema10 - Ha Ha
107 HD Cinema10 - Majestic
108 HD Cinema10 - Vice
109 HD Cinema10 - Gunslingers
110 HD Cinema10 - Divine HD
129 LAB HD

Are they coming soon?

Mr. Crowley, what went down in your head? Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead? Just kidding...nice handle, BTW:)

VOOM used to have 21 HD Original channels when they were still a DBS company, however E* only wanted to go live with 10 VOOM HD channels last May so they could use the other transponders for testing. Both E* and V* stated all 21 VOOM HD channels would return by 2006, but they renegged on that offer late last fall by claiming fiber problems, bandwidth problems, lack of programming problems, etc. (incoherent inconclusive babble by both sides) when then decided to offer only 15 VOOM HD channels as of 1 February 2006. Charlie mentioned an additional 6-10 HD channels will be made available this year (some may be VOOM), but who knows at this point. Personally speaking, I loved having the Cinema10 movie channels.

Perhaps Sean can enlighten us with his upcoming VOOM HD predictions?:confused:

"Ergen alluded to a couple of potential growth areas for the company outside its traditional U.S. video market, including selling extra capacity from its expanded satellite fleet. EchoStar launched its 10th satellite in February and has signed pacts to build six more by 2009. "

It may be old news but I didn't know that DISH had planned to add so many new satellites for what ever reason. It does look like they plan to keep up with the aggressive plans that DirecTV have and not fall behind as most present D* customers say will happen. If this is correct maybe DISH will continue to lead in HD programing or at least not fall behind in the future!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/tech/article/0,2777,DRMN_23910_4692280,00.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)