Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
I have heard that on May 17 D* will reduce their pricing on the HR 10-250
to $ 699. With incentives etc, this should bring it to around $ 500. or less.
Can anyone confirm this? Even if the box is only good for 1-2 years, it would
be worth it IMO! :D

Yes, it's true. We are going to start taking orders for forum members tomorrow evening. However, the shipping date will be 5/17/05. This offer is limited to forum members and can be accessed at our private forum page linked below my signature.

-Robert

VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Yes, it's true. We are going to start taking orders for forum members tomorrow evening. However, the shipping date will be 5/17/05. This offer is limited to forum members and can be accessed at our private forum page linked below my signature.

-Robert

---------------
EXCELLANT...PARTY, PARTY....Robert as a Forum sponsor, can you tell us
if you will offer the 5 yr warranty as well, and how it relates to the MPEG-4
thing?

Yes, we will still include our 5 yr. extended warranty and it is transferable to your next MPEG-4 upgraded HD DVR. You would need to inform the warranty company of the model and s/n change to transfer the coverage.

The price drop has nothing, as far as I understand, with the change over to MPEG-4. DIREDCTV has told us that prices on advanced electronic technology drops as the manufacturing process and sales volume mature and this is s a result of that plus their interest to increase the market share. DIRECTV is trying to be more price competitive with cable companies.

And for the big question, yes we will also continue to include our HD DVR T-shirts with every order.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Yes, we will still include our 5 yr. extended warranty and it is transferable to your next MPEG-4 upgraded HD DVR. You would need to inform the warranty company of the model and s/n change to transfer the coverage.

The price drop has nothing, as far as I understand, with the change over to MPEG-4. DIREDCTV has told us that prices on advanced electronic technology drops as the manufacturing process and sales volume mature and this is s a result of that plus their interest to increase the market share. DIRECTV is trying to be more price competitive with cable companies.

And for the big question, yes we will also continue to include our HD DVR T-shirts with every order.

-Robert
--------------
THANKS a bunch....I think you will be sending out a lot of those T-shirts! :yes

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

My wife took mine away as soon as it got here....LOL. I may have to order another one!

Jamey K said:
My wife took mine away as soon as it got here....LOL. I may have to order another one!
--------------
Wife or tee shirt??.....sorry devil made me do it!!! :)

Any price drops on the regular HD boxes? I've got a buddy looking for service after Voom and he is debating E* & D* at this time.

CWS_kahuna said:
Any price drops on the regular HD boxes? I've got a buddy looking for service after Voom and he is debating E* & D* at this time.
We have $200. rebates for VOOM customers to move over to DIRECTV, so the HD receiver would only cost $99. after the rebate. NO tax, free shipping and installation.

Also, DIRECTV will give new customers 3 months of the HD programming package and an upgrade from the basic TOTAL CHOICE Plus package to the largest programming package, TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER at no additional charge for 3 months.

The antenna dish system and up to 3 additional basic receivers are included at no additional charge.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

Are you going to be at the Tivo convention in Las Vegas in June, like you were last year?

:)

Party!!!!

Robert, does to 10% forum member discount apply to the lower MAP pricing? Do we have to call to get it?

looks like I will be swayed

I was going to wait for mpeg4, but with this deal and a good feeling that the change over will not be too painful on the pocket, I will be watching for an offical kick off at the web-site.

I just put up a advance order link on our forum page. Unfortunately DIRECTV took away most of the profit when they lowered the price. Please go to the site to see the price as DIRECTV does not permit it's dealers to sell below the $699.99 MAP.

You will need to click through to the shopping cart to see the special forum price.

-Robert

moonman said:
I have heard that on May 17 D* will reduce their pricing on the HR 10-250
to $ 699. With incentives etc, this should bring it to around $ 500. or less.
Can anyone confirm this? Even if the box is only good for 1-2 years, it would
be worth it IMO! :D

What "incentives, etc" are you talking about? How does one get them?

Thanks

If you order a HDTivo from valueelectronics, do they also send you the card or do you have to order that from *DTV?

merlin803 said:
If you order a HDTivo from valueelectronics, do they also send you the card or do you have to order that from *DTV?
---------------
The card comes with it, however there are penalty's for not activating service
with D* within 30 day's.........
IF YOU FAIL TO ACTIVATE THE DIRECTV SYSTEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, YOU AGREE THAT DIRECTV MAY CHARGE A FEE OF $150.00, AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES, PER DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED. IF YOU FAIL TO MAINTAIN AND PAY FOR TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS OF THE REQUIRED PROGRAMMING PACKAGE, YOU AGREE THAT DIRECTV MAY CHARGE YOU A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO ONE HUNDRED FIFTY US DOLLARS ($150.00); WITHIN 14 DAYS OF DOWNGRADING OR DISCONNECTING YOUR PROGRAMMING, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SEND ALL OF YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM EQUIPMENT (RECEIVER AND REMOTE CONTROL) TO DIRECTV IN LIEU OF THIS PAYMENT. THE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING THE ACCESS CARD INSERTED INTO EACH DIRECTV SYSTEM RECEIVER UNIT, MUST BE RETURNED TO DIRECTV IN GOOD WORKING ORDER, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR EXCEPTED. SEE DIRECTV.COM OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

I just spoke with customer retention at Directv and they offered my the HDTivo for $599. Told them I was considering moving to Dish and the CSR told me they were dropping the price to $749 on tues and that if I called back then, she would chop off another $150.

Not exactly sure how they sell them directly (I didnt know they did that), but I will be calling back on tues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

120 gig Tivo

Experience with Samsung SD boxes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)