Experience with Samsung SD boxes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billbillw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Atlanta
Anybody have any experience with the Samsung SIR-S300W or SIR-S70? What differences are there between the two other than the fact that the S300W seems to be the newer model.

I've seen quite a few on Ebay for very low prices. I might be needing to pick up an inexpensive SD box to replace the D10 in my bedroom, which has been acting up lately.

boba said:
If you go to Directvs website you can download the instruction manuals for most receivers.

Yeah, did that, but I'm wondering about good/bad experiences with these recievers and if there is any real difference in the models. The user manual don't really go into specs that much.

I have the SIR-S300W. It's been pretty good I think. Have had it for just over a year (the free unit w/install); the only problems I've had *crossing fingers, knocking on wood* have been - for some reason the caller-id didn't function for a week or two, and after an update a few months ago it would freeze up randomly, which also lasted only a short time.
Oh, I do not know if this is normal (it doesn't bother me much but you it might, take it as you will) if I have the guide up and say it's 759pm, when it changes to 8pm it sort of freezes up for a couple seconds while moving forward. Hope that's somewhat helpful.

At one point I had 3 SIR-S300W's, now down to only two (upgraded to HD on one set)... They have been working great for 2 years, no problems at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts