Experience with Samsung SD boxes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billbillw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2004
Atlanta
Anybody have any experience with the Samsung SIR-S300W or SIR-S70? What differences are there between the two other than the fact that the S300W seems to be the newer model.

I've seen quite a few on Ebay for very low prices. I might be needing to pick up an inexpensive SD box to replace the D10 in my bedroom, which has been acting up lately.

billbillw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2004
Atlanta
boba said:
If you go to Directvs website you can download the instruction manuals for most receivers.

Yeah, did that, but I'm wondering about good/bad experiences with these recievers and if there is any real difference in the models. The user manual don't really go into specs that much.

fabero74

Jul 2, 2004
eastern CT
I have the SIR-S300W. It's been pretty good I think. Have had it for just over a year (the free unit w/install); the only problems I've had *crossing fingers, knocking on wood* have been - for some reason the caller-id didn't function for a week or two, and after an update a few months ago it would freeze up randomly, which also lasted only a short time.
Oh, I do not know if this is normal (it doesn't bother me much but you it might, take it as you will) if I have the guide up and say it's 759pm, when it changes to 8pm it sort of freezes up for a couple seconds while moving forward. Hope that's somewhat helpful.

smackman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 19, 2004
At one point I had 3 SIR-S300W's, now down to only two (upgraded to HD on one set)... They have been working great for 2 years, no problems at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts