price hike and no relief for a customer fo almost 10 years

so do they play Russian roulette and hope that customers don't jump ship by offering them little to nothing? doesn't seem like a good business practice. Well then again neither does offering a discount but really of a $100.00 bill how much of that is actual cost VS profit probably a lot more then we all think. I called back in July about loosing my CBS station and they said they would issue me a credit.. well that credit is a huge increase just one billing cycle later NICE! Oh I never saw the credit either! was watching CBS off a attic antenna for a month an a half !

so do they play Russian roulette and hope that customers don't jump ship by offering them little to nothing? doesn't seem like a good business practice. Well then again neither does offering a discount but really of a $100.00 bill how much of that is actual cost VS profit probably a lot more then we all think. I called back in July about loosing my CBS station and they said they would issue me a credit.. well that credit is a huge increase just one billing cycle later NICE! Oh I never saw the credit either! was watching CBS off a attic antenna for a month an a half !
TV providers are not in the business to keep people happy. There is a reason Comcast is the most hated company.

Reactions: navychop
In July I called to gripe about my rate hike after my 2 year price lock expired, and they gave me a $60/month discount for 12 months. Then two weeks ago out of nowhere I got an email saying I have Sunday Ticket this season for no charge. I'm not that long term of a customer, just 2.5 years now.

Next year make sure to call and cancel NFL ST before season starts. They will auto renew you without you knowing. Once season starts they will not let you out of it.

Reactions: Jimbo and mdonnelly
There is a difference between griping and sharing a experience. Posting here may not solve anything for him but it allows others having the same or similar experience to realize that we may all eventually be caught up in a disturbing trend.

I do have choices 2 I can go to cable... Bleh! I do already have them for my internet and I also have a Landline cable phone line. (yes old school) but I use it a lot. Or dish network which I had prior to DirectTV and I didn't like the service back them and they dropped the MSG station from my sport package and local NHL hockey is on there (sabres) Yah I know.... they since fixed that and it's back that is why I made the switch in the first place. so there are choices in yeas past they have offered up a discount with out much of a fight I would be fine if they offered me up a %10 discount 20% would be fantastic but $5.00 a month really! I would sign up long term 2 years if they gave me a bigger discount. in years past I spoke to someone here in the US too. maybe Oklahoma... Now the phone call goes to a call center far far away where they just have a play book and that's all you get. I feel the customer service was better here when playing let make a deal. I work in a service related field and a good customer I have absolutely no problem helping them out because I know they will come back! !
Pisses me off that they have low introductory rate and give a way the NFL sunday ticket for free with premium channels as well. the ticket is close to $300.00 value. I'll take that value over 12 month contract as a price break. LOL!
They give that for New Subs, they figured you already got that deal when you were new.

Next year make sure to call and cancel NFL ST before season starts. They will auto renew you without you knowing. Once season starts they will not let you out of it.
Not entirely correct ... They will re up you as all Sports packages do automatically unless you call ahead and cancel ...

I don't believe that for a minute .... unless it was Feb when they raise prices every year ....
Or, your 12 month discounts dropped of and you went to regular billing.

Point is, when your a Long Time sub, you should get something (maybe like 10% off or even 20% depending on how long you've been there)

Then they would have to determine what Long Term is.

what tv providers do this?

There are a lot more choices out there then 2 for TV service, but if you want to save the most money, set up a cancel date, usually then they will be calling you a bunch of times offering you anything to stay.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

not for everyone. i can use dish or directv, no other choice

Reactions: JSheridan
not for everyone. i can use dish or directv, no other choice

But he wrote that he has broadband, and what I posted was in reference to him not to you.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

DirectTV use to up till now. once they were fully integrated to ATT& they seem to have stopped doing it and also their customer service call center is no longer here it's far far away now!
They do still offer discounts, but not as generous or as often, and they do have call centers in the US.

I used to get some pretty generous discounts, but struck out the last time I called. Reading this thread, it seems everyone is so surprised that they aren't offering them anymore. I also think it sucks, but I will just leave them when the bill gets to high. I have their cell service, so I do get some pretty decent discounts with that, that don't go away unless I switch cell plans. (Free HBO, $25 combined discount, and a $10 combined bill discount, and still getting a $10 discount, but that one does expire in a few months.) I have one of the middle packages, and the HBO, one hr 44, and two other boxes. My total DTV bill is only $67 a month. That's really not to bad, and worth it for me.

The 1800 is adore the line yo gandi’s living room. anyone have a loyalty # here in the states... 67 a month is nice but how ,any receivers do you have I have 5 4 have dvr do 8 need that ma y probably not but I have zero conflicts with watching I use to have all kinds of issues with kids wanting to watch stuff on the same receiver at the same time... it just harkens back to a rate higher with out a discount of 60 bucks it added 1/3 extra to my bill.... usually an increase is not an extra 1/3 on anything. Yes stuff goes up but not that much.. I got a survey in my inbox today from my call in to them the other day I ripped them. It will not do anything but I felt better for about 30 seconds...

DirectTV use to up till now. once they were fully integrated to ATT& they seem to have stopped doing it and also their customer service call center is no longer here it's far far away now!
Not true ....

They have plenty of Call centers in the USA, however, they have more outside of the USA.

my bill is $176.94
one genie
one genie slave
and 3 HR24's
Ultimate package programing and regional sports package (MSG)
I probably could drop one of the Hr'24 and get another slave and that would save me the $7.00 dvr rate on one but that's it. I deep fired my Onion rings that "BILL" said I can lower my bill by getting a lesser programming package. Gee thanks save more by taking programming away. thank you Captain Obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)