Price increase and cancellation of services for free.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HLS1970

Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
I signed up for Dish a few months ago and just last month received notice there was a price increase as of 1/1/2020.
The notice states under Wisconsin Law I am allowed to cancel service with no fee when there is a price increase.
I called to cancel and they told me I cant because the new customer rate I have is not affected till after my contract is up.
I feel they are lying to me.
How do I get out of this?
I WANT OUT AS I WAS INTRODUCED TO STREAMING AND PREFER IT!

Contact your local attorney general
I signed up for Dish a few months ago and just last month received notice there was a price increase as of 1/1/2020.
The notice states under Wisconsin Law I am allowed to cancel service with no fee when there is a price increase.
I called to cancel and they told me I cant because the new customer rate I have is not affected till after my contract is up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Somebody didn’t do they’re homework before signing the contract. If you’re locked in at a fixed rate for the contract period. Oops! And the grass always looks greener. Sure we could do streaming. In current location but wouldn’t have what we currently have through our H3.

Changed your mind and now trying to blame Dish

You are the problem and indicative of the selfish, self serving society we live in. You should be embarrassed to air your shortcomings on a public forum
[automerge]1578243518[/automerge]
If he bought himself out of the contract it would be a high price since he just signed a few months ago.
So what? He has no one to blame but himself

When you change a term of the contract without letting the other side agree to it...the attorney generals office will have a quick discussion with dish corporate and reasonable solution will occur
Since there’s nothing one-sided about the contract with Dish, what do you think contacting the attorney general will accomplish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When you change a term of the contract without letting the other side agree to it...the attorney generals office will have a quick discussion with dish corporate and reasonable solution will occur

Did you not read the OP? He clearly states that his contract was not changed, nor was his cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When you imagine changes in YOUR contract, the AG cannot do anything except toss you a book and ask you to read.

Why do you think they're lying to you? Sure, if your bill goes up (before the end of the contract), then you have a beef. However, if it doesn't go up (and it shouldn't for the term of the contract), why do you think you're entitled to be let out of your contract?

What are they lying about? YOu have no cost increase and there is nothing to trigger this law applying to you? If you want out pay the penalty, or just fulfill your end of the signed contract

The wisconsin law part makes it interesting

The one that says they have thirty days to cancel if there is a change to the terms of his contract? We have established, there have not been any changes to the terms of HIS contract. It’s not a blanket deal. It’s a case by case scenario. See past your disdain for Dish, to look objectively at the facts.

I had to read this thread starter's post twice. Assuming he's in a new subscriber price lock for the customary two years and this announced price increase doesn't impact him, what is it that he's complaining about? The only thing I can conclude is that he thinks the price increase affects him, and I would have thought the CSR would have explained this to him.

Am I missing something?

The CSR explained to him that he wasn’t impacted because of his price lock, and he says he thinks they are lying, but hasn’t provided anything to explain why he thinks they are lying.

If indeed your rate is unaffected during your contracted term, you have no cause to cancel.

Want out - buy yourself out...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

HLS1970

Just a thought. If your MRC (Monthly Reoccurring Cost) does not go up during your contract term (wait for your next months bill to verify) and you want out, then paying the ETF fee ($20 x Number of remaining contract months) could be cheaper in the long run than paying for all the remaining months of of service ($$ x remaining months of service).

From Dish Networks website (my.dish.com/support/cancel-my-service):

"ETF: if you cancel service within first 24 months of upgrade, early termination fee of $20 for each month remaining applies"

~EmCommSat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)