SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
This was posted yesterday in our system

2010 Early bird special for NFL ST

7 payments of 44.99 or a single payment of 314.93

So yeah it went up by 44.99 for early bird customers

No pricing yet on what non early bird price is going to be.

Lack of competition and high exclusive contracts allows for such high rates. I wonder when rates will get too high before they start losing subs?

Lack of competition and high exclusive contracts allows for such high rates. I wonder when rates will get too high before they start losing subs?
Me too......I have to say, if I didn't live in Cleveland, it would have to get REAL high before I dropped it and lost my Browns games.

It wasn't worth it to me this year as my wife and I hardly watched any games that wouldn't have been on our HD locals.

I'm going to see if I can talk her out of ST next year...

MLB is the same price on all providers..I dont think competition would help
And it is half of the price of ST.

If other providers carried ST the price would definitely be lower. First, the amount Direct would have to pay the NFL for ST would be less, thus cost to subs would be less. Second, Direct uses ST as a niche grabber for subs and can set the prices higher than they would be if other providers carried ST because they cannot go anywhere else.

This was posted yesterday in our system

2010 Early bird special for NFL ST

7 payments of 44.99 or a single payment of 314.93

So yeah it went up by 44.99 for early bird customers

No pricing yet on what non early bird price is going to be.

Any word if this is all-inclusive? As in, WITH HD?

If it includes HD, then maybe that is not too bad.

That said, as last year, at full price I will not get it. If I get the same kind of deal as this year, i will probably get it again.

Between that, a lackluster team, and a baby taking up much of my time, looks like I don't need anymore convincing to NOT renew my subscription..

if this doesn't include the HD then forget it. i wont even bother to get a discount on SF this year (free) as i usually do. much less pay a minimum of a $50 increase. its getting out of hand

There no mention of the offer including HD but that might change. Right now the answer is not yes or no just not mention we only have pricing.

if this doesn't include the HD then forget it. i wont even bother to get a discount on SF this year (free) as i usually do. much less pay a minimum of a $50 increase. its getting out of hand

That's what I was thinking.

Its incredible how greedy companies are getting even though their customers are probably in the worst shape financially they have ever been in their lives. Not just Directv, all of them. Wow.:(

every year at price increase time, its the same ol same ol. Then 6 months from now, everyone is back to complaining about something else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)