Price of milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to store, 3.50 per gallon at giant eagle......

called the customer complaint number after finding corporate giant eagle stores no longer carry wise potato chips or herrs products. interestingly the rep taking the call said wise is her favorite.

Mayfield is the big name brand down here that is in every store, they use yellow containers for the milk and some of the lines they add vitamin suppliments. The most expensive of these runs around $6.30 a gallon if memory serves me, mayfield also makes ice cream and its not cheap either but its got a good taste to it.

I am going to try those bags of milk - I have always wanted too but my wife said no :( So I am going to buck the system and get me some milk bags :)

I wonder what the demand for milk will be at $5-$6 per gallon and if the prices will drop when people quit buying it. People will look for something cheaper to drink as a result. Yes we have to have milk in our diets but a lot of people can probably live on a bit less. They would have to drop the prices to get more people to buy it again or they just keep the prices high seeing that the profits are the same if they have double the price and half as much being sold they are still making just as much if not more.

I hadnt thought about this but Im sure that ice cream and cheese will also be going up in price as well.

I think that the grocers are starting to feel the pinch that the price increases are having, walmart's GV brand at %2 for a gallon is $4.26 went onsale for $3.78

yeah...I notices Rainbow had milk on sale starting tomorrow...2 gallons for $5

Went today and got milk..went up a nickel since Thursday..now 1.34 per bag :(
(damn...was like 94 cents about a month ago)

I went in to walmart today and their cheap brand is $2.88, I never paid attention to it before so I don't know if it went up or not.

Everything Im seeing says that milk will be going up all over and worst hit will be those who are furthest out such as most coastal locations and places like Hawai and Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts