Price/package change = $5 increase of bill w/2 yr guarentee

So after two month's. Here's what I received from DIRT. "I have not received any responses at this time. It would be best to contact our Office of the President department at 1-866-213-5814 for further assistance. I do apologize for any troubles caused."

So if Dish won't even answer to one if their own people on DIRT, it's obvious why they won't answer me. Makes you really wonder if I stumbled upon something that they want to shove under the rug doesn't it? I mean, if I was wrong, wouldn't they just tell me? Yet, they choose to ignore me. The really bad part is, I honestly don't know if it's worth the time and trouble. It's so easy to ignore someone and not return their phone calls, why should I invest any more time and energy into saving $5 a month? Even though I was guaranteed a 2 year price lock on the base package and dvr service, and that's exactly what they changed. I just can't believe there aren't other people out there in the same situation. But, maybe like me, they aren't sure it's worth the hassle, or didn't even notice the bill change.

I go back to two things I said. First I believe they made a mistake in their billing from the begining. Everything I read (and posted earlier) seems to say it was $29.99 including the $5 discount. I believe they mistakenly were taking out an additional $5, somewhat bolstered by the mistake in the December billing where they gave a double discount. Something was wrong.

But second no response just is not acceptable. If you don't want to push it further that is obviously up to you only you can decide that. First call the number give it a good try. if you get no answer still then I think DISH needs someone with authority to be contacting them if no other reason to make the respond. That could be your State Atty General's office I guess but someone. My answer may or may not be correct, perhaps you are being over charged but the real problem is you just don't know and there is no excuse for that.

Amazingly enough, someone from Dish corporate, some kind of internet response team called me and gave me his contact email and number and said he was going to handle it. He saw where the problem was, he's just not sure why it happened, and said the changes Dish made should have equaled out to the same price I was paying before. So I guess we'll see what happens.

Well, about 3 hours later, the rep called me back. I was amazed at that. Just like Tampa said, the flex pack with dvr included the $5 autopay discount, but when I signed up for autopay, I got an additional $5. What's really shady, and isn't Dish's fault, is when I talked to godish.com they were $5 lower than anyone else per month and told me after signing up with autopay, my bill would be $85. Which it was. I think godish.com found out they could get their customers an additional $5 off per month by taking advantage of a technical error in the system. So when 2017 rolled around, Dish revamped their packages and broke out the DVR fee. Everything should have been even, but in my case, the extra $5 autopay went away. I commend the rep for finding the problem and getting back with me so quickly. I understand what happened, and it's not Dish's fault, and that's all I really needed to hear. He did give me an extra $5 off per month for a year, and he didn't have to do that, but given it took over 2 months and 2 hours on the phone and gained nothing, which was Dish's fault, I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)