Price/package change = $5 increase of bill w/2 yr guarentee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DIRT is still working on it. Not sure why it takes over a week to figure out what happened. I went through godish.com when i bought the package, so I can't be the only one.

Ah, you didn't go directly with DISH. Not a huge deal but I wouldn't go through a third party online to get DISH or Directv. Either use a local dealer/installer or contact DISH directly by phone or with a DIRT member. No way to know till DIRT gets back to you but that may be the problem of why the answer is taking time.

Reactions: JSheridan
Ah, you didn't go directly with DISH. Not a huge deal but I wouldn't go through a third party online to get DISH or Directv. Either use a local dealer/installer or contact DISH directly by phone or with a DIRT member. No way to know till DIRT gets back to you but that may be the problem of why the answer is taking time.

I would have, but the $200 visa gift card made it hard to pass up for getting the same service without the card. Plus, I think godish.com just puts the order in. After I placed the order, all the emails and confirmations and installation emails came right from dish. Besides the order, there was no other contact with godish.com.

Reactions: Tampa8
This is not accurate...
The pricing and price locks are set by Dish.
Not the retailer.

Let us know if you get this straightened out. I would love to get Flex Pack for only $24.99 per month! :)
Like I said, if the OP gets the additional $5 per month credit, then I want Dish to do the same thing for me. I signed up for Flex Pack and the two-year price lock at around the same time as the OP, and I went directly through Dish.

Almost 3 weeks now. Still no word. Guess I'll email DIRT and see whats taking so long. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. I've only been a customer for 6 months. How long does it take to go through 6 invoices to see that something happened? I'm sure they are figuring that I'll eventually just go away and accept the $5 /month increase. In all reality, what other choice is there?

Almost 3 weeks now. Still no word. Guess I'll email DIRT and see whats taking so long. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. I've only been a customer for 6 months. How long does it take to go through 6 invoices to see that something happened? I'm sure they are figuring that I'll eventually just go away and accept the $5 /month increase. In all reality, what other choice is there?
Just be lucky it was only $5, because mine was $10 under a" price lock"

Reactions: pattykay

Don't bother with DIRT. Pick up the phone and call Dish, ask for retention if necessary.

Don't bother with DIRT. Pick up the phone and call Dish, ask for retention if necessary.

I was on the phone over an hour one day, and spent another hour a second day going through multiple layers of people. Then being told I would get a call within 48 hours. That was 3 weeks ago.

I've been a Dish customer for 15 years and they would not give me any help when I called about the price increase. Oh well. OTA antenna doesn't work worth crap in my area, so my only option if money ever gets tight is to downgrade to the Welcome Pack. Or go without TV. The horror of that thought makes me have nightmares.

To quote Charlie Ergen: "When you know you're right, you fight."

Well, it's been a month. Dirt emailed someone a week ago, I just emailed them again to see if there's any update. According to the terms of my contact, they can't change the package OR the dvr service for 2 years, but you can't get anybody to even acknowledge the problem, let alone abide by their own contact terms. I'm guessing that I'm pretty much screwed and their "2 year price lock" doesn't really mean anything except that I'm the one locked into their service for 2 years.

Well, it's been a month. Dirt emailed someone a week ago, I just emailed them again to see if there's any update. According to the terms of my contact, they can't change the package OR the dvr service for 2 years, but you can't get anybody to even acknowledge the problem, let alone abide by their own contact terms. I'm guessing that I'm pretty much screwed and their "2 year price lock" doesn't really mean anything except that I'm the one locked into their service for 2 years.
A Price lock means nothing if they create a new Line item.
Thats the Dish loop hole.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Did you at least ask about getting the free HBO for six months offer? While that won't actually lower your bill, it will at least provide something of value for no additional cost, to help offset the sting of the price increase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)