Pricing of distant locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sinnfein07

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
New York City
I am confused about the pricing of distant locals on Dish.

I currently have my locals via LIL, but am also eligible for Distant locals via Dish. When I called to add the NYC Locals, I was told no problem, and that it was only $3.00 additional? That really surprised me - I had expected an additional $5.95. Can I add yet another distant local package (say, LA) for an additional $3.00? If it matters, I also subscribe to the Superstations.

I poked around Dish's website, but haven't had much luck.

Thanks!

Pricing is as such

Locals, Supers, Distants (just one of them) 5.99
Locals + Supers 8.99
Locals + 1 set of distants 8.99
Locals + 2 sets of distants 11.99
Locals + 2 sets of distants + supers 17.98 (8.99*2)

You can have all 4 options (locals, distants, supers) if you want. The only package that wouldnt be an add'l $3 is option 4 (all of them)

Basically its 5.99 for the 1st option, add up to 2 more for $3 each, or all 4 for 17.98

Excellent - thanks Iceberg.

So, I have Locals, + NYC Distants + Supers for 11.99 now (used to be just locals + supers). Sounds like if I want to add another set of distants, it would be + $6 additional unfortunately.

Thanks!

Correct..If you have 3 for 11.99 and add one more, it will be 5.99 more.
If Im not mistaken, I think your bill will show as such:
xxxx Locals & Supers 8.99
LA Distants & NY Distants 8.99

xxxx being your city

Too bad Direct TV does not have this option.

This is a good reason to have Dish. Supers not avl. on Direct TV and there is no Denver, Chicagp or Dfw on Distant nets- fewer options.

Scott
Dallas got taken off of Distants options a while ago (If you had them, you could keep them). No new subscribers of Distants can get them.

Atlanta is the other option.

Denver, LA, NY, Chicgao, Atlanta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)