Pricing ? with DNS gone

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I used to be charged 11.99 for "NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS". This included the east coast DNS feeds, local package and superstations.

Now I am being charged 5.99 for locals, 5.99 for superstaions, and $1.88 for PBS national.

How did my charges go up by losing DNS???

Mitch

I used to be charged 11.99 for "NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS". This included the east coast DNS feeds, local package and superstations.

Now I am being charged 5.99 for locals, 5.99 for superstaions, and $1.88 for PBS national.

Mitch

The cost has been $5.99 for each set of locals and $5.99 for each set of Distants. But you got a packaged price (Thus the NETWORK PACKAGE) that reduced the cost when you got Distants, Locals and Superstations. That package is gone now that distants are gone. There has been a few posts by others about it.

It's called Ergenomics...:(

:D Best 3 word post I've ever seen!

Charlie is going to make up for that lost dns money wherever he can. I fully expect E* to start charging an access fee for using E* equipment to receive AAD distants!
I'm guessing 2-3 bucks a month.

E mail CEO office save ALL your complaints and be nice but FIRM. I got a 15 buck a month credit for a year, you can do it too

Mitch

I refuse to pay $5.99 for supers, so I canceled them, cable keeps looking better

SAME thing happened to me, except the national PBS should only be $1.50.
Maybe they did a prorated/partial month charge for that - I would image it will be $1.50 next month.
Somebody on another post did say this happened to them, so they called & bitched about it & got their pricing on the locals/supers changed back to the old $8.99 combo price that E* USED to have on locals/supers combo. I thought about trying it myself, but haven't had a couple spare hours set aside to get into a pissing contest over this. :rolleyes: :eek:

:D Best 3 word post I've ever seen!

Charlie is going to make up for that lost dns money wherever he can. I fully expect E* to start charging an access fee for using E* equipment to receive AAD distants!
I'm guessing 2-3 bucks a month.

If DISH gets any type of per subsciber income from the AAD deal, they would then be acting "in concert". Ain't gonna happen. Many other ways to screw us to regain the lost DNS income. Charlie probably has his list.

Mitch

If DISH gets any type of per subsciber income from the AAD deal, they would then be acting "in concert". Ain't gonna happen. Many other ways to screw us to regain the lost DNS income. Charlie probably has his list.

Mitch

Like Jacking the price of AEP by $5.00 and eliminating the $5.00 discount on the Hd platinum pack customers? Thats $10.00 right there towards the loss of the distants.:mad:

I refuse to pay $5.99 for supers, so I canceled them, cable keeps looking better

So you refuse to pay about $1.20 per channel a month for a package of stations you can not get on any cable system or on Direct TV. In addition many of them have news and other programming including some sports specific to their city that you would not otherwise get. Ok then. If you had said you just didn't watch them or like them I would understand. But to complain about $1.20 per channel doesn't seem smart especially when you threaten to go to cable, which does not offer those stations at any price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts