Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
With the new season around the corner, I think it's time for updating the forum. Several specific shows are gone, and some had little traffic. I would be happy to volunteer in the effort. I had an idea about genre threads, ie...Reality Shows, Comedies, Dramas, Sci-fi, News... in addition to or instead of network specific. Show specific...a new poll perhaps? Again, more than willing to help.

How about getting rid of it completely and going back to having specific show threads in their appropriate network forum?
Or, adding cable networks to the list, so the the "cable" thread does not become a hodge-podge.

IE, ABC, NBC, CBS, USA, FX, TNT, etc....Or splitting it up, Broadcast Network Forum, Cable Network Forum.

Or, adding cable networks to the list, so the the "cable" thread does not become a hodge-podge.

IE, ABC, NBC, CBS, USA, FX, TNT, etc....Or splitting it up, Broadcast Network Forum, Cable Network Forum.

Sounds reasonable, only need the major cable nets that you list.

I am going to let the admin staff decide this one. Its been a ZOO here at my office since I got back from vacation... :)

We will talk in the admin forum and make a decission from there.

Thanks Scott and staff!

How about those subcategories for the major cable channels? They have important shows now, almost as popular as the nets.

USA
FX
TNT
SyFy

Could be subcategories, like you have cable companies in that forum.

The announced "re-do" only amounted in the Show Specific forum being dropped. "Cable" remains as too large of an umbrella thread, IMO.

In looking at the shows there was only 1 show from each cable network being talked about so it wasnt worth having a seperate forum for each seperate cable network.

If a things pick up and people start talking about numerous shows from any cable network we can then add a seperate forum for that cable network.

Well I just went to post about the Season Premier of Chuck and Couldn't Find it. I don't like the new setup. (I also keep up with Big Bang Theory here) to be honest I'me not really sure what network some shows are on. I liked it better with each show having it's own forum (make them a sub of the network it you want). and for the one complaining it is wasted space you can hide them!
Under this layout I won't be posting about these shows.

Well I just went to post about the Season Premier of Chuck and Couldn't Find it. I don't like the new setup. (I also keep up with Big Bang Theory here) to be honest I'me not really sure what network some shows are on. I liked it better with each show having it's own forum (make them a sub of the network it you want). and for the one complaining it is wasted space you can hide them!
Under this layout I won't be posting about these shows.

That's the way it's always been with TV shows, only a certain few had their own forum. Every other show is under their respective network. If you don't know what net you're watching (?) they always have that obtrusive bug in the corner.

ANd really, is it that difficult to click on 4 networks, 1 time each, to see if your show is there? :rolleyes:

That's the way it's always been with TV shows, only a certain few had their own forum. Every other show is under their respective network. If you don't know what net you're watching (?) they always have that obtrusive bug in the corner.

ANd really, is it that difficult to click on 4 networks, 1 time each, to see if your show is there? :rolleyes:

No it's not really that much trouble to Click on each of the four networks but I won't be scrolling thru all four networks to find where my show is in the hodge-podge list. I'll just forgo the passing of information. Thanks.

No it's not really that much trouble to Click on each of the four networks but I won't be scrolling thru all four networks to find where my show is in the hodge-podge list. I'll just forgo the passing of information. Thanks.
You REALLY can't remember what network a show is on? REALLY?

THAT is why we get stuck with those DAMN logos in the corner of the screen on every channel. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

THAT is why we get stuck with those DAMN logos in the corner of the screen on every channel. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Even less of an excuse not to know.:D

Yea Really.
I know the Chuck comes on NBC but ABC and CBS I really don't know. For example Dancing with the stars i have no ides what channel that's on. or NCIS Just don't really care it's in my DVR List and that's where I watch it from. I just checked and Dancing is on ABC but still not sure if NCIS is on ABC or CBS. I have too many other things to keep up with Y should I care what Network channel 3 is and Yes I don't pay any attention to those Logo's at the bottom.

Sorry just not something i worry about. I guess i'm weird.

Well, the Primetime traffic is certainly up...but I am sure this statistic has more to do with the returning fall lineup as well as all the new shows being discussed. Regardless, anything that can be done to bolster the Primtetime Forums would be a plus. Quick suggestion: Is it possible to have a nightime skin (so to speak) with vBulletin 4? For example, the frontpage layout could be changed to provide a nighttime theme and feature some of our social forums such as Primetime, Sports and Chit-Chat. What about sponsoring various giveaways in the various forums? For example, "SatelliteGuys will be giving away a Harmony xxx remote to enhance your home theater viewing experience. Visit the SatelliteGuys Primetime Forum for more details." This would also be a great way to have sponsors participate and give them more exposure (love and attention).

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts