Primestar Dish and Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

halapeno

Feb 7, 2006
I've gone through some of the archives and have learned there's more my project than just aiming the dishes and plugging into the receiver. But I still have some unanswered questions.

First of all, what kind of switch do I need to combine a 33" primestar dish (for international channels) and the regular 18" Directv dish?

I've found the elevation and azimuth angles for the 18" dish, but the oval dish has an additional tilt angle. Since I'm not using an oval dish, I suppose the tilt angle does not apply to my 33" round dish. Am I correct?

I have no idea the difference in programming between 110 and 119 satellites. All I'm interested in is obtaining The Filipino Channel (international programming). Originally I presumed that the 33" disk would receive signals from both satellites. But now I'm thinking that a round disk can only receive one or the other. So which satellite should I aim for 110 or 119? And how can I find the elevation and azimuth for each satellite? (I already have the elevation and azimuth for 110/119 using an oval dish.)

Thanks,
Hal

gibbsjf53

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 24, 2005
halapeno said:
I've gone through some of the archives and have learned there's more my project than just aiming the dishes and plugging into the receiver. But I still have some unanswered questions.

First of all, what kind of switch do I need to combine a 33" primestar dish (for international channels) and the regular 18" Directv dish?

I've found the elevation and azimuth angles for the 18" dish, but the oval dish has an additional tilt angle. Since I'm not using an oval dish, I suppose the tilt angle does not apply to my 33" round dish. Am I correct?

I have no idea the difference in programming between 110 and 119 satellites. All I'm interested in is obtaining The Filipino Channel (international programming). Originally I presumed that the 33" disk would receive signals from both satellites. But now I'm thinking that a round disk can only receive one or the other. So which satellite should I aim for 110 or 119? And how can I find the elevation and azimuth for each satellite? (I already have the elevation and azimuth for 110/119 using an oval dish.)

Thanks,
Hal

I am using a zinwell 6x8 switch with the flex ports. you do not need to tilt the 33" just do the azimuth and the inclination and the same for the 18".

Point the 33 towards the 95 and the 18 towards the 101. You need the 101 or Directv activation. 110and 119 are used for HDTV.

The Directv web page has instructions on settings for the dishes.

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)