Primetime anytime needed?

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
if I want to record 2 or more shows that are on the big 4 networks in Primetime on tuner 3, do I need to enable Primetime anytime for that night or will it work without that? I don't want to have to record everything on that network on that night to record 2 shows on 1 tuner.

Nope. The only thing that enabling PTAT at least one night on one channel is making AutoHop available.

Easiest just to enable ptat, then save shows that you want to your dvr. The rest will auto delete in 8 days or less.

What happens if you have a show scheduled to record during primetime, then you enable ptat, will the show record twice? Also, do you have to manually save the shows you want to keep? Or can you set it up to do that automatically?

If you do PTAT for all channels and schedule a show for the networks in primetime, it does not record it, I believe.
You can set the show(s) to be saved and not deleted, again I believe.
I set PTAT for 1 night, 1 network to get AutoHop if I can get around to it.
But I set individual timers, with save, so that I can archive those.
I then move the day of the week around so that there is no PTAT but AutoHop will be available for a week or so.
I believe space is allocated in the 2TB for the recordings etc. leaving you 1.2TB, so that nothing is bumped by it.
-Ken

Just set PTAT on and then select the shows you wish to save to your hard drive. You can select the entire series to save for you and it should not record twice. The shows you selected will save to your DVR and you can keep them and the PTAT will automatically delete after 8 days. If you want to keep any of the recorded PTAT shows you can save it to your hard drive. It's pretty handy actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)