primetime tuner activity issue/?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
just noticed on my hws that even though primetime isn't recording, it shows in the tv activity screen.
not sure if it has always done this, but I have just noticed it the last couple of mornings.
anyone else noticed this?

just noticed on my hws that even though primetime isn't recording, it shows in the tv activity screen.
not sure if it has always done this, but I have just noticed it the last couple of mornings.
anyone else noticed this?

If you're tuned to any of your big four local networks then they all show up in the TV Activity list and can be accessed from the Joeys or for recordings using only the one tuner. This is the way it's been for a long time.

Will check to see, but don't think that was the case
My Hopper is tuned to CBS. Attached is a pic of the TV Activity screen. As you can see the four prime time channels are all using Tuner 4.

Attachments

• Tv Activity.jpg
    Tv Activity.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 754
Reactions: JSheridan
My Hopper is tuned to CBS. Attached is a pic of the TV Activity screen. As you can see the four prime time channels are all using Tuner 4.
That's how it works. All the big four networks use 1 tuner. If it was Hopper 2000 or Sling, it would be tuner 3. With Super Joey, Tuner 5. If you're not watching anything on those channels, that tuner would only say Available. That's what gives PTAT the ability to record all four channels using only 1 tuner

yea, that is the way mine looks, but tuner 1 was tuned to USA, not any of the primetime channels, yet tuner 3 still listed them all as in your picture
No telling what tuners the Hopper selects. She likes to pick different tuners that suits her! :coco Attached is two pics of my Hopper 3 Activity screen. She is recording two OTA channels and two satellite channels at the same time while I am watching an OTA satellite channel 4. I am using the AirTV dual OTA adapter.

Attachments

• Tv Activity-1.jpg
    Tv Activity-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Tv Activity-2.jpg
    Tv Activity-2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 134
No telling what tuners the Hopper selects. She likes to pick different tuners that suits her! :coco Attached is two pics of my Hopper 3 Activity screen. She is recording two OTA channels and two satellite channels at the same time while I am watching an OTA satellite channel 4. I am using the AirTV dual OTA adapter.

yes, but you are watching one of the major metworks..........I am not & yet it still has tuner 3 tied up

My other hws does not do this, it is as it should be, but then I don't have prime time enabled on it

Reactions: charlesrshell
yes, but you are watching one of the major metworks..........I am not & yet it still has tuner 3 tied up

My other hws does not do this, it is as it should be, but then I don't have prime time enabled on it
If you're not watching one of the networks even though it shows you (were) on tuner three that tuner will be available if needed.
the tuner showing the four networks will continue to do so for awhile after you quit watching/recording one of the networks but eventually will stop showing the four networks. It has worked like that for about as long as I can remember.

That last tuner in use is always going to be the PTAT/Locals

That's how it works. All the big four networks use 1 tuner. If it was Hopper 2000 or Sling, it would be tuner 3. With Super Joey, Tuner 5. If you're not watching anything on those channels, that tuner would only say Available. That's what gives PTAT the ability to record all four channels using only 1 tuner
And on the Hopper Duo, it is tuner 2. (No, the Hopper Duo does not have the automatic recording feature of PTAT, but it still gives the ability to set individual timers for multiple network shows at the same time on the same tuner.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts