Print Out or Back Up Timers List?

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
Switching from a 722K with a maxxed out timers list will be a chore, one that I haven't done since converting from a 942 many moons ago.

Does anyone know of a trick or tweak that would enable someone to print out or export the timers list to a printable file? Or to back up the timers list in some manner?

If not we will have to write them all down (my hasn't technology made us lazy - just what exactly is a pencil you ask?) and then routinely search for those shows over the course of the next year as their seasons come up again. For example many shows whose season just ended won't show up again until 8 or 9 months from now.

Any ideas?????

If you have a tablet with a built-in camera, that would be ideal, as you wouldn't be peering at a tiny camera/phone screen.

i know the 922 backs up the timers on the remote, but i dont know if the remote will work on the hopper

i know the 922 backs up the timers on the remote, but i dont know if the remote will work on the hopper
It's been proven that the 922 remote will link with the Hopper & Joey but it is still unknown if the timers will be able to be "restored".

You've got a "K" - the remote that came with it can back up your timers, IIRC. And I'm pretty sure I do. I believe it's been posted here that the Hopper will accept that backup.

Otherwise, you can go to dishonline and do it, if you can dishonline to work. Or you can take a picture of each page of timers, print them out, then highlight each entry in turn and mark the channel number (which will be highlighted at the top of the page) on the printout.

I decided not to wait and just checked it. A 922 remote will pair with the Hopper. Just go into the system info screen and press the SAT button. Pairs up just like the Hopper remote does. All functions seem to be the same.

Scherrman said:
I decided not to wait and just checked it. A 922 remote will pair with the Hopper. Just go into the system info screen and press the SAT button. Pairs up just like the Hopper remote does. All functions seem to be the same.

Except the lost remote locator function. I dont think the 922 remote has this does it?

I would first go into your Broadband set up on your receiver and make sure it is connecting by do the DHCP test. If it fails, I'd disconnect the wifi adapter aned go thru the set up step by step. Then try again. I know it works sometimes and not others.

I just went to dishonline.com and printed my Timers list. All six pages of them. Tomorrow, I'll mark up the list with notes as to which existing timers will be covered by PTAT.

Sure wish the Timers list at Dish Online included the channel info. It's going to be a bit harder to set up timers for shows that don't currently have scheduled programs. PTAT is going to relieve me of some of the priority juggling I've been doing for years, so you win some, lose some…

Tip: I had some problems tonight getting Dish Online to display the Timers and Recordings list. On a whim, I clicked Live TV, and the site told me I needed to upgrade the Sling plugin. Downloaded and did that, then Timers and Recordings showed up with no problems. Maybe a coincidence, but heck, if it works…

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts