Priority?

iadubber

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Farley, Iowa, United States
Am I missing something when I'm in the priority list on the HWS? Is there not a move to top or move to bottom like on the 722k I used to have? I was trying to set the priority of the kids shows all to the bottom and I had to click click click click the down arrow to get them moved. Is there a button or feature I'm missing? thanks!

It's a frustration for me at times, too. Have to keep pressing the up/down arrow.

In the past I know the DVR used to use the ff/rew and skip forward/skip back buttons on the remote to move the page details. Meaning, a skip forward acted like a page down, skip back a page up and the rewind button a back to top. But the fast forward button never acted like a down to bottom, rather it acted like the rewind which took you to the top of a page which was a shortcoming on Dish's part.

Now they only have page up/down functions. So my point is that if Dish had those buttons active fully you could take advantage of moving not only page views of your recordings or lists, but also for the timers. You can move the timer in chunks up or down as well as right to the top or bottom. In lieu of actually allowing a user to type in the numeric position you want it to be in which is a better solution. Still nice to have multiple ways do do things. Someday...

Am I missing something when I'm in the priority list on the HWS? Is there not a move to top or move to bottom like on the 722k I used to have? I was trying to set the priority of the kids shows all to the bottom and I had to click click click click the down arrow to get them moved. Is there a button or feature I'm missing? thanks!
Use the page up or down buttons to move to the bottom faster. It skips down 9 or 10 timers.

Use the page up or down buttons to move to the bottom faster. It skips down 9 or 10 timers.

Correct, if you are viewing the timer list. The poster was referencing changing the priority. Right now you have to use those little up/down arrows to actually move the timer priority. Unless I'm missing something, on my Hopper w/Sling I have tried the page up/down and the recording control buttons and they will not move the timer. Do not see any other way to change the priority.

Reactions: sethwell
I have an easier way. If it just a few you want to set at a specific spot, just go to DishAnywhere on your PC, Select My DVR/MY TIMERS. Find the Timer you want and click EDIT. One of the selections is the specific priority number and location you want to put that timer. The rest are moved down by one. If a few, just figure it out in your head, or just redisplay the list.

I have an easier way. If it just a few you want to set at a specific spot, just go to DishAnywhere on your PC, Select My DVR/MY TIMERS. Find the Timer you want and click EDIT. One of the selections is the specific priority number and location you want to put that timer. The rest are moved down by one. If a few, just figure it out in your head, or just redisplay the list.
Yeah, who needs a Hopper? :)

Sure I can do that, but I shouldn't have to. There should be a simple button next to the + or - that says to the top or to the bottom is all I'm saying.