Probably an ancient question...

wcitechnologies

Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
I hate when people ask questions that have already be answerd, but I have been search this forums. I may have used the wrong keywords.

Short version:
Built an HTPC. Want to use the PC's IR blaster to change Dish 811's channels.

Dish 811 is only listening for UHF. How do I disable UHF and make it respond to IR? How do I program the factory remote to allow this?

If somebody knows the answer, or knows the forum that its in, I'd be most greatful.

It seems that although the 811 remote, and the 811 itself, can both work with IR, it is simply programmed NOT to, by default.

I'm using Windows XP Media Center Edition, which can use the phillips remote to learn commands. When I am the 811 remote, it learns nothings. The remote is only using UHF (for Sat.), and the instruction manual doesn't mention anything about codes for the sattelite box itself.

P.S. If I detatch the UHF antenna, the remote doesn't work with the 811.

Lets clear this up again.
The new UHF-Pro remotes in sat mode are UHF only. The receiver (811) works with BOTH UHF-Pro & IR at all times.

So you can't use the UHF Pro remotes to teach a learning remote. Instead, go to Menu/System Setup/Diagnostics/Teach Remote, point the learning remote at the receiver.

BobaBird said:
So you can't use the UHF Pro remotes to teach a learning remote. Instead, go to Menu/System Setup/Diagnostics/Teach Remote, point the learning remote at the receiver.

I tried this from many different angles and positions and just could not get my learning remote to pick up anything from the 811. I ended up using the remote from my 301 upstairs to teach and it worked just fine on the 811. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts