PROBLEM: 61.5W TP 04 & TP 21

DSSfix

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Is there a problem with Dish Network's Transponders 04 and 21 on their 61.5W satellite?

I can't pick up any of my subscribed channels on these two transponders.

I know they have been moving some channels around - but the signal strength on these two LNBs is very weak.

TP 21 has channels like BBC Arabic, Dandana, HTI, NBN, Noursat, OTV, SAB, TVAsia
TP 04 has PFC, SHARA, SHARA ONE, Fox Soccer Plus.

I'm seeing all kinds of channels not acquiring signal currently, too. maybe I need to reboot my DPP44 switch..

119 spot beam 5, 61.5 spotbeam 5, etc..

channel 130 on sat 119 transponder 8 is not coming in for any of my receivers at home currently.. can anyone else see if it is coming in for them right now? I have a sneaky suspicion that it is just me, and thus only "my problem".. ;(

Can't tell anyone about the 61.5 problems they are having however 119 SB 5 coming in here at 67 and 119 TP 8 coming in at 70. Currently partly cloudy as well.

Guessing 119 TP 14, 15, 16, 21 comes in?

Tried a soft reset?

Tried unplugging for 15 seconds?

I'll power cycle the DPP44 switch when I get home.. once every few years it acts up on me.. hopefully that is all it is.. I'll try just unplugging the power from the injector first.. but I suspect I'll have to go up in the attic and unplug all the receivers from it to power it down all the way. I've actually been noticing channels not tuning in for a couple of weeks now. .off and on..

I power off all the receivers and the DPP44 power injector for a few minutes.. when it came back up, everything worked fine. Thankfully. It was definitely a switch or LNB issue, since it was occurring on multiple receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts