Problem accessing DVR recordings from one hopper to another

marcovan65

Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
US
Hello all first time newbie here and just got off a very frustrating chat with dish support. Excuse the long post

Everything was working on fine until the hd on my hopper with sling failed. No biggie, they sent me a replacement sling, easy enough to plug in etc.

Problem now is that, from my replacement hopper with sling, I am unable to watch any recordings on the hopper in the bedroom that I was able to do before. I press on DVR, go to other devices, select Hopper Bedroom, see all the recordings on there, select one and hit play. Nothing happens, all it says is playback stopped. Now on the flipside, when I am on hopper bedroom, i can go to DVR, go to other devices, select Hopper with Sling, see the recordings on that hopper, select and hit watch and plays fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all first time newbie here and just got off a very frustrating chat with dish support. Excuse the long post

Everything was working on fine until the hd on my hopper with sling failed. No biggie, they sent me a replacement sling, easy enough to plug in etc.

Problem now is that, from my replacement hopper with sling, I am unable to watch any recordings on the hopper in the bedroom that I was able to do before. I press on DVR, go to other devices, select Hopper Bedroom, see all the recordings on there, select one and hit play. Nothing happens, all it says is playback stopped. Now on the flipside, when I am on hopper bedroom, i can go to DVR, go to other devices, select Hopper with Sling, see the recordings on that hopper, select and hit watch and plays fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

How long has the replacement Hopper been on your account? Sometimes it takes up to 48 hours for all the features to work and for it to settle in.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Call Dish and insist that they send a re-hit to the new Hopper to verify that it knows that it is on your account.

Call Dish and insist that they send a re-hit to the new Hopper to verify that it knows that it is on your account.

You might also check that both have the latest software version. Not sure what the latest for hopper/sling is. Maybe someone else could chime in on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)