Problem Accessing through a Phone Browser

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Suddenly when I try to read any thread on my phone using a browser the screen is greyed out and there is a message asking me if I want to read the thread using Tapatalk.

This happens whether I am logged in or not. I have never seen it before. I never cared for Tapatalk but is it the only way to access the site.

Then I have no choice but to h
No changes here... all done on Tapatalks end.

I have thought about removing Tapatalk but some people still use it and it does not cost us anything to keep it. So I have left it up.

Then I have no choice. I will get news elsewhere when I am mobile.

I ha
If you have an android phone..you probably have to unlock the screen before you turn it sideways..on the top of the screen..hit the little lock icon so it shows unlocked
I have tried that. I thank you for your help but I have officially given up.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thats ok as your not going to find the news here elsewhere. :)

I personally use the PWA now over tapatalk. It runs great.
If I knew what PWA was I might consider trying it. As for the news not being available elsewhere --- it won't be available here either until I get to a desktop

The lack of a page refresh is the reason I avoid using the PWA version of SatelliteGuys. I still use the Safari version and when the “Open in…” prompt shows up, I just pick Safari.

Isn’t there a way to add a Refresh Page button to the PWA, Scott?

Why do you need a page refresh button?

Just do a “what’s new”
Read the ones you want then mark all read
And then you are good till the next time you come back.

Sent from my iPhone with Chrome real Satelliteguys don’t use tapatalk!

The lack of a page refresh is the reason I avoid using the PWA version of SatelliteGuys. I still use the Safari version and when the “Open in…” prompt shows up, I just pick Safari.

Isn’t there a way to add a Refresh Page button to the PWA, Scott?
I just use my Android phone's back button.

Why do you need a page refresh button?

Just do a “what’s new”
Read the ones you want then mark all read
And then you are good till the next time you come back.
Obviously, we have very different use cases. I concentrate on The Pub, and occasionally head down to read the TV and Computer threads. Occasionally I check out the Dish Network Forum.

When I look at What’s New, this is “polluted” by Pit posts, even though I have that marked as “Ignore” as I try to ignore that Forum. I do go in and mark the Forum as Read, but having to deal with this reduces my enjoyment of SatelliteGuys. I also don’t go into a lot of other Forums, but I understand why they exist, since this is SatelliteGuys.

edit: okay, I have to retract my assertion that the “What’s New” has Pit posts. Unless the Pit went silent, then the posts there are ignored in the New Posts feature in the PWA. Sorry that I hadn’t checked on it recently. There are still entries from all the other Forums and Sub-forums I don’t participate in, so I still need to filter, or go into every Forum/Sub-Forum and click on “Ignore”