Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
Gloucester, MA
I called Dish a few nights ago to try to get:
Eastern Arc 1000.4 dish
Trade my 622 with dead HDMI for a 722
Free HD for Life promo

Told them I would take a commitment and sign up for DHPP, but I wanted to make sure I could still get the HD for Life thing.
Wasn't sure if I should take care of one before the other, so I called.

They said no problem on 1000.4 and getting 722 (Scheduled for Monday!), and I could still get the HD for Life thing - just go on the website when we're done with the call.

Well after we finished arranging the 1000.4/722/DHPP stuff, I went on line and could not sign up. It's been a few days, same thing.

When I go into Programming, it shows: Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request at this time. You may try again in a few moments or contact customer support at 1-888-884-2741.

If I go into HD for Life and fill out the stuff, it says "service selections cannot be completed at this time" call support etc

Is there something about the open work order for monday that is causing this, or is something totally messed up? they specifically told me getting the 1000.4/722 with commitment would NOT prevent me from getting HD for Life promo.

Last edited:
Have you talked to an online CSR? That may be easier to get things set up. This is a statement we just got from Dish regarding existing customers signing up for Free HD.

Can an existing customer speak with a CSR to add "HD Free for Life" to their account?
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
CSRs are able to assist only those existing customers who wish to use the $99 HD Programming Upgrade option to qualify for the "HD Free for Life" offer. Existing customers who would like to participate using the 24-month term commitment and AutoPay with Paperless Billing option must do so by logging into their online account via www.[U]dish[/U]network.com.
Customers participating in the 24-month term commitment option will be required to provide a credit card during this transaction, and it is this card that will be charged in the event the customer incurs the cancellation fee.​
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I'm pretty sure you can't change programming online while you have an open work order, try again after your install.

I'm pretty sure you can't change programming online while you have an open work order, try again after your install.

Yeah, I kinda remember reading that in a thread here a long time ago, but I don't trust my memory that much. Think I'll just wait till Tuesday and try then (day after the work order). If it doesn't work, I'll try on line CSR per Sherman's suggestions.

When I called, they just said to try it tomorrow. When I tried the next day, they once again said to try tomorrow. Good luck with that!

An open work order may prevent you from making changes to your account. I wouldn't be surprised if you are able sign up for the Free HD once your work order has been cleared from the system.

What is Dish charging for upgrade from 622 to a 722? Is there a a vommitment with the swap? Or only for HD for life?

Upgrade from 622 to 722 required 2 year vommitment. If I had stuck with a replacement 622 (to fix dead HDMI on my current 622) there would have been no commitment required per the CSR. Either way there would have been shipping charge of $15, but I signed up for DHPP on the same call so there will be no shipping charge.

Main reason for getting DHPP was not to get free shipping, but to reduce $95 cost of 1000.4 install.

They said the 2 year vommitment required for the 722 would not keep me from getting HD for Life. But of course that's my current quandary as I have not been able to make the change since scheduling the service call.
Guess I'll find out tomorrow... if I still can't sign up for HD for Life after the service call clears, a nasty gram will be sent to the ceo@ address.

All OK!
After the 1000.4 and 722 were installed, I had no HD at all - Yikes.
No problem though - At that point, I was able to go online and select HD For Life and in a few minutes I had HD back, including HD versions of HLN and E! which I could not get before without EA.

The tech (Derreck) was great by the way - he replaced all the 5 year old diplexers/splitters/cables that were outside the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts