Problem adding KU Linear LNB for International channels on 95°

Status
Please reply by conversation.

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hi guys. I'm just wondering whether a KU Linear LNB with an LO of 9.75/10.6 GHz will work for International channels on 95°.

I have configured one with LO of 10.750 GHz no problem, but this new one I'm trying to setup is much smaller and weighs a lot less :)

I've done this many times before and setup successfully using the following steps:
1. Use Guided Setup and pick 3-LNB Oval Dish.
2. After 3-LNB acquisition is done, I do "Auto-Detect Satellite Information" and that usually brings in the 95° international satellite.
3. BTW, I am using a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch. All port connections have been triple-checked and have not been changed since last working configuration with my LO 10.750 GHz LNB.

Maybe my HR10-250 does not like the LO of my new LNB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi guys. I'm just wondering whether a KU Linear LNB with an LO of 9.75/10.6 GHz will work for International channels on 95°.
no. You need a standard LNB with LO of 10750 for it to work. A univerdsal will not work because you can't use a 22k switch (as the 4x4 & 6x8 multiswitches are) and a Universal. The universal has a 22k switch built in and turns "on" when you need the high band. Since the 6x8 has a 22k in it for 110/119 when the receiver says "22k on" it goes to 110/119

Standard LNB is required

Thanks Iceberg. You're DA MAN!!! :bow Happy New Year!!!
no. You need a standard LNB with LO of 10750 for it to work. A univerdsal will not work because you can't use a 22k switch (as the 4x4 & 6x8 multiswitches are) and a Universal. The universal has a 22k switch built in and turns "on" when you need the high band. Since the 6x8 has a 22k in it for 110/119 when the receiver says "22k on" it goes to 110/119

Standard LNB is required

always glad to help :)

I had the same issue trying to figure out why my 4x4 multiswitch didnt work with a Universal LNB :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.