Problem DIRT

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
OK. I disabled autopay yesterday, because I wont have the money in my account for autopay that always is on the 14th. I was planning to do it manually on Friday when I get paid.
Yet Dish charged me today, and I didnt have the funds and the bank charged me Overdraft, and my account is now -$23.
Thats money that I was going to use for gas the rest of the week.
I want a solution. I already sent PMs to Dirt members but dont know who is here right now, so please answer me.
Thanks.

I wasnt told that yesterday. I talked with a rep asking when the autopay will be and told him if I can have autopay on the 15th and he told me that I can disable autopay and pay manually and that I will have until the 18th to pay without service interruption.
:(

Last edited:
Because its not tight, just this month and thats why I cancelled Autopay.
I will have the money on Friday when I get paid.
Yet they charge me with Autopay canceled.

There is no way to change the autopay date it comes out, it is set based on the day you started your services. Also if you report the charge to the bank DISH will not allow you to use a Debit or Credit Card for at least 6 months, you will have to use another form of payment either Check or Mail or pay in person.

There is no way to change the autopay date it comes out, it is set based on the day you started your services. Also if you report the charge to the bank DISH will not allow you to use a Debit or Credit Card for at least 6 months, you will have to use another form of payment either Check or Mail or pay in person.

If the bank determines that the charge was indeed unauthorized and finds in the op's favor, Dish cannot by law refuse further cc payments. They were in the wrong and they cannot penalize the customer for it. I believe the circumstances prove that the charge was unauthorized. He was trying to stop the charge from happening and they went ahead and charged the card. He was trying to do the right thing and Dish did the wrong thing.

If you talk nicely to your bank they will likely remove the overdraft fee unless this is a common occurance on your account. This is why I tell people not to do autopay to their bank accounts. Just have the autopay go to your credit card then you can pay that when you have the funds. I don't let anyone directly draft my checking account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)