Problem getting 119 using Birdog satellite Finder

tonyca

Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I am trying to point my a dish to sat 119 using birdog usb 3.0 sat finder. The problem is that I can only find 110 but can't find 119 which is really strange. I am using an 18" dish. You help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

that's I tried but nothing. I can't find it using the bridog meter. I tried moving the dish a tiny bit to the right but nothing is being found for the 119. This is really strange.

that's I tried but nothing. I can't find it using the bridog meter. I tried moving the dish a tiny bit to the right but nothing is being found for the 119. This is really strange.

Do you have a receiver? Try going to the dish point screen. Menu, 6, 1, 1 and select 119 TP11. Have someone tell with a phone read you the Signal strength at the TV. What elevation are you using?

You have to lower your elevation as well as move it to the right.

Goto point dish screen - menu 6-1-1 and choose dish 300 sat 119 and put in your zip code to find your peak angles in order to give you a ball park of where to set your dish at.

Thanks for the help guys. I will try it with the receiver today to see if I could get anything. I am using Birdog USB 3.0. I guess this machine is not that accurate. I thought it would be easier and better to use it than to use the receiver.

I am using Birdog USB 3.0. I guess this machine is not that accurate. I thought it would be easier and better to use it than to use the receiver.

A Birdog works just fine (great, in fact) to pick up DN 119. You just don't have your dish angles correct. NOTE: the top of your mast must be plumb (level in both directions) in order for the zip code database settings to mean anything.

I can use the zip code claculator because I am in Canada. I was able to get 119 before using a Dish Network receiver connected to a TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)