Problem getting Wii into widescreen

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Ive had my Wii for awhile now and im still having trouble getting it to project in 16:9 aspect ratio.

Ive gotten the compontent wires and hooked them up to my receiver and i went to the ment on Wii and changed it to 16:9 and enhanced TV (480p) but it still doesnt take up the whole screen. Any suggestions?

I think it depends on the game too for the Wii. I don't think all the games support 16:9 or something like that, but I really don't know for sure.

Are you talking about the main menu? Some of the games don't fill up the whole screen.

You can also check your TV to see if it is set in a strange mode.

Yea the main menu doesnt fill up the whole screan. I was playing Super Paper Mario and it didnt fill the screan...but when i looked on IGN.com i could tell that the screanshots were in 16:9.

OK stupid question. You have it connected to your receiver right? Have you tried connecting it directly to the TV and see if it does the same thing. If it works connected to the TV then there is an issue with the receiver.

Yea that was the first thing that I tried, and it still wasnt widescreen. Besides i have Dish receiver and HD DVD player and other HD devices hooked up to the same receiver and they all work fine.

I would give Nintendo a call @ 1-800-255-3700

Thats what I would do. As long as your using the component cables which you said you are then there is something up with the Wii. I just had my Wii in for repair it took total time from the time I sent it to the time I got it back about 2 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)